Prince got off easy in terms of Runes *minor spoilers*

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Chris_Lightfellow

Re: Prince got off easy in terms of Runes *minor spoilers*

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I would think that Chris, Hugo, and Geddoe got off the easiest in terms of Runes. It's just elemental runes. Oooo. Luc too, actually. Luc and Geddoe were just whiny. They've got no strings attached except the not aging aspect. That sounds pretty easy to me.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

unless you've been under this not aging status

i dare not say that not aging is easy

guess who said this:

"It's like butter spread too thin..."

(prolly not his exact words)
Author

Post by Author »

Chris_Lightfellow wrote:I would think that Chris, Hugo, and Geddoe got off the easiest in terms of Runes. It's just elemental runes. Oooo. Luc too, actually. Luc and Geddoe were just whiny. They've got no strings attached except the not aging aspect. That sounds pretty easy to me.
That's true, but since the topic is about the prince, he still got off the easiest with runes since he never had a True Rune :P
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Half of a True Rune is definitely not similar to a Child Rune. Dawn+Twilight does not equal a True Rune, after all.
Chris_Lightfellow wrote:I would think that Chris, Hugo, and Geddoe got off the easiest in terms of Runes. It's just elemental runes. Oooo. Luc too, actually. Luc and Geddoe were just whiny. They've got no strings attached except the not aging aspect. That sounds pretty easy to me.
Tell that to the Flame Champion.
Vermillion.Twilight

Post by Vermillion.Twilight »

Anyone hoping for cameo's in future titles should hope all the main characters are immortal...

Only the Prince sealed away his rune. (And he's my least favorite out of the 5)
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
Iku

Post by Iku »

i thought the rune of beginning could never become one, because it exists in pair so even if you master it, it would still exist on you and whoever mastered the other half, but i could be wrong but i always thought that the rune by its very nature couldn't join because it was inconflict with itself and even if you did master it the other person is bareing the other half and it would be impossible for one person to master it.... very badly worded!
you guys are being a little harsh on frey, i mean he did lose his mum, aunt and dad, aswell as having to look after his kid sister (she is only 10 no matter how mature she is) whose gonna have issues with the sun rune affecting her (i know she not baring it but marscel said you dont need to bare it for it to influence you) so hes got it bad, admitttedly not as bad as tir but definately worse then hugo and riou.
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

This is about the Rune Iku, and in terms of Runes, he has no actual obligation to a true rune, meaning he got off easier.

AS for that stuff about the Rune of begginning, if you defeat Jowy at the end of S2, Riou combines both sides to create the rune of beginning
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

He has already lost enough to the Sun rune without even having it attached on his body.

What did Riou have to give up? In the best ending, he got both fakedeath'd Nanami and nationdestroy'd Jowy back in one piece and lived happily ever after.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

yeah but the topic clearly indicates "in terms of Runes"

not in terms of loss of lives

but in being left with a burden of the rune
Iku

Post by Iku »

but frey does have the burden of a rune, he may not baring it but the whole reason why his parents, aunt and followers died was because of the sun rune, without it the war would never have started, so i think im quite justified in saying, rune wise, that frey got off pretty bad, only lazlo and tir really had it worse. And do bare in mind that you dont have to bare the rune for it to be your burden, he could potentially end up having to do what georg did to arshtat to lymsliea because the sun rune was the only one that wasn't mastered (except the souleater) so a repeat of suikoden 5 happening to him is a possiblility albeit unlikely
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
i-heart-percival

Post by i-heart-percival »

i agree iku
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

Iku wrote:but frey does have the burden of a rune, he may not baring it but the whole reason why his parents, aunt and followers died was because of the sun rune, without it the war would never have started, so i think im quite justified in saying, rune wise, that frey got off pretty bad, only lazlo and tir really had it worse. And do bare in mind that you dont have to bare the rune for it to be your burden, he could potentially end up having to do what georg did to arshtat to lymsliea because the sun rune was the only one that wasn't mastered (except the souleater) so a repeat of suikoden 5 happening to him is a possiblility albeit unlikely
whoa, i think my definition of a burden is a weight placed against you

I think everyone was quite happy by the end of SV, nobody was blaming the Sun rune for anything

in short, they've all moved on

so if nobody's harboring any ill feeling towards anything, esp the prince, then no more burdens there, right?

also i think Georg's burden is different from the rune bearer's burden

did you really want to compare Georg's fate with that of, say for example, Tir? or any of the protagonist?

finally, i think the topic is still about the burdens; ie. curse, immortality, life-draining properties, etc; of the runes

and that Frey got off easy because he separated with his rune, no further commitments whatsoever

any sadness or sorrow (grieving over dead parents) that follows afterwards are just aftershocks compared to having to burden a rune for all eternity or a long time ie. Tir, Lazlo, Hugo
Iku

Post by Iku »

i've just explained that frey and any other falenan royals are gonna be burdened by the rune for the rest of their lives. its not like he can just destory the sun rune get rid of any influence it has on people. Yeah they might all be happy at the end of the game, endings are meant to be like that, and rightly so they did just win a war but once things calm down a little they're gonna realise that they still had the same problem they had in the first place, just in a better climate. Yeah he doesn't have to deal with it for eternity but i wasn't arguing that his burden was any worse then tir's or lazlo's but compared to the s3 heroes and riou, frey's got it pretty bad.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

Iku wrote:i've just explained that frey and any other falenan royals are gonna be burdened by the rune for the rest of their lives. its not like he can just destory the sun rune get rid of any influence it has on people. Yeah they might all be happy at the end of the game, endings are meant to be like that, and rightly so they did just win a war but once things calm down a little they're gonna realise that they still had the same problem they had in the first place, just in a better climate. Yeah he doesn't have to deal with it for eternity but i wasn't arguing that his burden was any worse then tir's or lazlo's but compared to the s3 heroes and riou, frey's got it pretty bad.
Frey does have that responsibility of protecting the sun rune from those who would seek to use it for their own personal usage, just as the rest of the royal family has, and will continue to share in guarding the Sun Rune. But i think at the heart of it, that's the point, he gets to share, he's not a lone, he can share the burden with others. And he only has to do it for decades. Versus Tir or Lazlo, who for all basic purposes are all alone to carry to burden of a true rune, potentially for for centuries and that is difference. For that reason, a least, the prince got off easier than the others.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

well said

^_^