Tablet of Stars' origins

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Antimatzist

Tablet of Stars' origins

Post by Antimatzist »

I just want to make this sure- is the Tablet of Stars made/produced/summoned by Zerase?

If you look at it chronologically:

S IV: No Tablet of Stars made of Stone, but a wooden Tablet
S V: Zerase summons it.
S I: Here, leknaat summons it, maybe she lends it from zerase?
S II: Much the same thing here.
S III: Well, I have absolutely no idea where this tablet is coming from. It really doesn't make sense...

So, am i right or is this just a nit-picking theory made by a desperate fan who wants to find new secrets..?(Hanging Ninja, anyone?^^)
Lovecraft_elder

Re: Tablet of Stars' origins

Post by Lovecraft_elder »

Well, it is possible that Zerase is the first one to summon the Tablet of Stars. However, Zerase claims to be "the daughter" of the Night Rune, and the Star Rune has the power to dominate the Dawn and the Twillight Rune - thus making Zerase and the Star Rune pretty old, perhaps even older than the events of S4. However, this is just a theory based on loose indicie.
I like the idea that Leknaat is the true bringer of the Tablets of Stars, however, we have no evidence of whom it might be.
"Everytime you try to drag real life physics into a fantasy setting, God kills a catgirl!" - Please, think of the catgirls!
Paler than Moon

Post by Paler than Moon »

The mystery is, what kind of artifact is the tablet? Does it have a real history and background in the game's plot or is it just a tool the game uses to help the player.

I haven't played SIV and V but in I to III the tablet just kind of appear, when Leknaat grants them. No one ever mention it's background.
"If only..."
But thou art wind!
Do not scream:
thy fragrance deafens.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Thats true, but in 1 and 2 it definitely looks like Luc is guarding the tablet. And in 3 doesnt Luc, Sarah, and Yuber visit the tablet in a cut scene? I would think that the tablet is a focal point of the power of the 108 stars, and always thought Luc was interested in it in 3 because he was looking for a way to focus enough power to break a true rune.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Yeah, but still I wonder, if Leknaat always summons a new tablet, or if it's always the same.. but it seems, that we'll never know...