Gizel and Nethergate's attack on the Royal Family *spoiler*

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Gizel and Nethergate's attack on the Royal Family *spoiler*

Post by suiko2fan2 »

Here is a rather simply question, given the preparations and skills of Ferid, George, and the other Queens knights to fend off the "surprise" attack of Nethergate, would they have lost the battle if the Queen didn't go all crazy with the Sun Rune?

Given it would have changed the outcome of the events and the story of SV, it is interesting to think about, personally i think Ferid and George are BA enough to fend them all off alone, but i really do think they would have won the battle and exposed Gizel's plot for what it really was.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Chaco

Re: Gizel and Nethergate's attack on the Royal Family *spoiler*

Post by Chaco »

It's hard to say because it never happened, however I do think your right.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Mushra

Post by Mushra »

If this happened, there would be no game anymore :X And i don't think they could possible win...Just think of the large amount of Nether Gate assassins we had to face trough the game, soon, Georg and the others would wear down and get tired...And that would be worse, since it's possible that they would get killed after that
And now, a little tribute to Kyle x)

" . . . You're kidding me. You DIDN'T look?! WHY THE HELL NOT?! That
was a once in a lifetime opportunity! I can't believe you passed that up!
Damn! I gotta say, you just let down every man in Falena. . ."
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

I think that they would've won if the Queen would'nt have killed Ferid, but Georg would have taken them on. >:O
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
Mushra

Post by Mushra »

He is strong, not invencible :S
And now, a little tribute to Kyle x)

" . . . You're kidding me. You DIDN'T look?! WHY THE HELL NOT?! That
was a once in a lifetime opportunity! I can't believe you passed that up!
Damn! I gotta say, you just let down every man in Falena. . ."
jonathan_priest

Post by jonathan_priest »

See, I'm not so sure. You're not taking into account Alenia and Zalhak's betrayal as well. Had they gotten their hands on the princess, they would have forced the Queen and Ferid to surrender to ensure Lym's life. They would have likely captured Georg as well, which would have made things extremely complicated for them, as they were unable to stop the Prince from leaving.

They could have still blamed Georg for killing Arshtat and Ferid, but without the Prince silenced, it would have been difficult to believe Georg kidnapped the Prince as well, if he's imprisoned. Ultimately, I think the only thing to come about from Arshtat not going crazy is that Godwin's plot would have been slightly more difficult to pull off, and more people would have been made aware of his treason.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

jonathan_priest wrote:See, I'm not so sure. You're not taking into account Alenia and Zalhak's betrayal as well. Had they gotten their hands on the princess, they would have forced the Queen and Ferid to surrender to ensure Lym's life. They would have likely captured Georg as well, which would have made things extremely complicated for them, as they were unable to stop the Prince from leaving.

I am not sure they would have necessarily betrayed the Queen, Alenia is probably more loyal to Gizel than Ferid, but she also is on the other hand pretty weak willed. I dont think she would have switch so easily if, the 2 royal family members had not been killed. she may not have help as much, but i dont think she would have openningly opposed Ferid, especially if they were winning the fight, she not that brave in that sense. Zalhak is little more tricky as a relative of the Godwin family and his cold demeanor it is hard to speculate what he would have tried, but he is not unstoppable, Ferid, George, or kyle like that could handled him.

Also, I am not sure they would have to fight all of nethergate, obviously even george has limits, but once it clear he was not going to win, I think Gizel would have retreated back home to stormfist, and not fight to the last man otherwise, even if he won, he would have no troops to fight for him or maintain hold over the city.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
sunstar25

Post by sunstar25 »

Even if Ferid did repel the Nether Gate atack. All of Falena's problems would still remain and a civil war would probably still have happened. After all, Falena was a divided country at the time with some of it's citizens more loyal to the noble families than the royals.

The royals would never have recovered the Dawn Rune and Freyjadour wouldn't have become a messiah.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

sunstar25 wrote:Even if Ferid did repel the Nether Gate atack. All of Falena's problems would still remain and a civil war would probably still have happened. After all, Falena was a divided country at the time with some of it's citizens more loyal to the noble families than the royals.

The royals would never have recovered the Dawn Rune and Freyjadour wouldn't have become a messiah.

I know that the problems would still exist, but politic division is not the point of this thread, the topic was could the Queen Knights have been able to beat the Nethergate forces if the queen had not gone mad and killed her own?

Best Suiko FanFic:
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

suiko2fan2 wrote:I am not sure they would have necessarily betrayed the Queen
Alenia and Zahak had ALREADY betrayed the queen. They went straight to capture Lym probably before even knowing about Arshtat's death. They were likely part of the Godwins' plan.
sunstar25

Post by sunstar25 »

I wonder what would of become of Lyon, Georg, and Kyle if Lyon hadn't detected the Dark Arcanum and the Godwins' original plan had succeeded by putting everyone to sleep and assassinating Arshtat, Ferid, Freyjadour, and Sialeeds.
Tsharr

Post by Tsharr »

They probably would have just been killed as well. Clear out the old to make way for the new.
sunstar25

Post by sunstar25 »

You may be right. Georg, Lyon, Kyle, and Miakis were the most devoted knights to the royal family. Galleon was just a loyal knight. Georg and Kyle would never have gone through of being subjugated by Godwin. Lyon would most likely suicide than serve Gizel or Nether Gate. Once Godwin had no further use of Lymsleia, Miakis would most likely follow Lyon's example.