A few Suiko 5 questions *Spoilers*

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Siel Avadon

Re: A few Suiko 5 questions *Spoilers*

Post by Siel Avadon »

Some how to me It sounds like this Takefute will be the enemy of the next Suikoden Tactics, taking part in Falena/Armes/Country south of Falena maybe? And the Nether Gate Is making a fuss and tries to assassinate Lym.

If the Nether Gate was an "assassin guild" It would have killed of any important leader long ago, they where just steroid high losers. THey where overpowered. Last time I checked Assassins didn't have the power nor the melee skill in open combat to murder Elite Vanguards or simular :roll: :?
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Siel Avadon wrote:If the Nether Gate was an "assassin guild" It would have killed of any important leader long ago, they where just steroid high losers. THey where overpowered. Last time I checked Assassins didn't have the power nor the melee skill in open combat to murder Elite Vanguards or simular :roll: :?
WAS is the key word. Nether Gate WAS a well-oiled assassin guild and killed royal family members, which mean they got around guards and such when they were working for the old queen(s).
Nether Gate still had formidable assassins (look at Dolph) but they had to go against some of the top warriors in the country and perhaps the world. keep in mind that Ferid won the Sacred Games, which is comprised of elite fighters/gladiators who train all their lives and get hired to fight for some rich people. Ferid trained Prince and Lyon himself, and he was also the leader of the Queen's Knights - so you could expect all of the Queen's Knights, Prince, and Lyon to be extremely talented and sharp.
sunstar25

Post by sunstar25 »

I have to agree that the Nether Gate threat is far from settled. Maybe it will in Suikoden VI or a spinoff game would resolve it. But I have a feeling that another hero would be the one to vanquish Nether Gate for good. Just like when Lazlo initially destroyed the Great Tree and it was Kyril who saw to it to seek out the Rune Cannons and when Tir initially battled with Neclord and it was Riou who personally oversaw Neclord's demise.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

KFCrispy wrote:
Siel Avadon wrote:If the Nether Gate was an "assassin guild" It would have killed of any important leader long ago, they where just steroid high losers. THey where overpowered. Last time I checked Assassins didn't have the power nor the melee skill in open combat to murder Elite Vanguards or simular :roll: :?
WAS is the key word. Nether Gate WAS a well-oiled assassin guild and killed royal family members, which mean they got around guards and such when they were working for the old queen(s).
Nether Gate still had formidable assassins (look at Dolph) but they had to go against some of the top warriors in the country and perhaps the world. keep in mind that Ferid won the Sacred Games, which is comprised of elite fighters/gladiators who train all their lives and get hired to fight for some rich people. Ferid trained Prince and Lyon himself, and he was also the leader of the Queen's Knights - so you could expect all of the Queen's Knights, Prince, and Lyon to be extremely talented and sharp.
Well, Doesn't matter how good a warrior you are If they poison you or snipes you (there Is rifles....) or stab you in the back while a sleep. I mean, why sneak then? You could just simply rush them....so they did in Suikoden V...Okay...we got inside...now LETS RUN RAMPAGE!

Not like the Queen and Ferid wasn't ready either, They proably had every single damn window guarded yet those gits got inside, Bet not by sneaking but by buchering the Royal Vanguard in open combat, thats silly.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

there are no guns in the Suikoden world except for the few in the Howling Voice Guild. but anyway, guns damage the same way as swords in this game!
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Well true but yet, Assassins dont come out openly and start to fight you really...Or so aint my view on em :P

I mean, crashing through a window and such....erhm. Childrich aint the best assassin either, his a fool that just Is to obvious at what he do, butchering people. Had It been my clan/guild/house/faction/group of Assassins I would see to It that he died under some odd circumstance crushed under a big rock that came down in a rain of other big rocks...*cough* :lol:
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the assault on the palace was pretty well done. they poisoned the food at the party expecting every person at the palace to fall asleep. they didn't expect to have to fight much.... so they were likely under-prepared for the night. in contrast, look at Beaver Dam, it was burned down in no time (although.... it seems like they failed to kill any beaver if they were trying to eliminate them!)
Genoh

Post by Genoh »

The invasion of the Sun Palace was just that - an invasion.

Dolph was far sneakier than Childerich (who was more obsessed with Killing. Likely trained for that purpose alone). He was capable of sneaking into Ceras Lake Castle to talk with Sialeeds with several guards standing by.

Childerich on the other hand seemed less like an assassin, and more like a murderer. He killed because that was his purpose. It didn't matter the means of it. He wants a challenge at the same time.

Nethergate was also thrown off by the Sun Rune. "The Sun Rune can do that?" The plan of attack seemed to be- keep attacking until you kill the Queen. Rather than anything very well thought out. I'm not sure how the Godwins planned on explaining it. Maybe they didn't, and they just got lucky with Georg and the Prince running off. Or maybe they didn't care, since if they were in control of the country they could control information as well.

As for Beaver Lodge, I'm not sure they could fit in the beaver houses >_>

Lym couldn't make many demands because she was locked in her room. And they could've always just killed Miakis. Lym cared too much for her. As you see later though, after Miakis left, Lym demands that she be allowed to go out into the field of battle. This works for the Godwins because it keeps up appearances, and she wouldn't be able to do much in the way of telling anyone anything, because most of the people supported Godwin in the first place, and then you have the fact that an entire army could've stopped her quite easily, and taken her back to the Sun Palace.

She couldn't escape. They kept her in her room. So there wasn't MUCH she could do. She did make demands, and became a lot more aggressive after Galleon and Miakis were gone. There just weren't as many demands for her to make afterwards. The Prince had started winning around that point.