Fire Bringer Version 2.0

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
JanusThePaladin

Fire Bringer Version 2.0

Post by JanusThePaladin »

In the official canon, who is the second fire bringer?

Also, who did ya'll pick as your fire bringer, and why?
Chaco

Re: Fire Bringer Version 2.0

Post by Chaco »

In the official canon, who is the second fire bringer?
I have a post about this somewhere, but anyway I think it's Hugo.
Hugo he just seems the best choice and it makes the most sence to me.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

All of them is the canonical successors to the original Fire Bringer. Unless this is about the Flame Champion.

As the fandom seems to deem licensed novels as the prime canon source of info for defaults, unfortunately Suikoden III was exempted from such treatment.

More than one instances have shown that Konami is inclined to make Hugo the most preferred successor to the True Fire Rune however. i.e. manga adaptation, Suikoden IV preorder promo items, etc.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I chose Hugo.

Not only because he was meant to be the successor, but:

1. Geddoe (who is my favorite out of the three) already has the True Lightening and I spent a hell of a lot of time increasing his lightening skill to let that go to waste.

2. Hugo's fire skills surpasses Chris' (if I remember correctly.)

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

It makes sence, Geddoe already has the True Lighting rune, Chirs lightfellows father gives her the rune, and Hugo as you sdaid has better fire skill. When you look at it logically it makes the most sence for Hugo to have it.
-Chaco
JanusThePaladin

Yeah, i chose Hugo as well, as Geddoe was a friend of the flame champion and already in possession of a true rune (and in my opinion a more badass version of Flik) and i really didnt like Chris as a lead character.

I'm running a play through right now with Hugo as the FC but i saved a second file when all 3 of them arrive at the Flamechampshideaway so i can choose whoever i want.

But is there really any difference between the stories if i choose a new flame champ?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

The question is who actually became the Flame Champion, not who you chose and not actually who are the new Fire Bringer, because the entire army was the new Fire Bringer. Please stay on topic.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

JanusThePaladin wrote:In the official canon, who is the second fire bringer?

HUH?? off topic??

i do think he meant Flame Champion instead of Fire Bringer

so if that's the case, then nobody's off topic except for those two forumer who decided to correct other people

:D
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

HUH?? off topic??

i do think he meant Flame Champion instead of Fire Bringer

so if that's the case, then nobody's off topic except for those two forumer who decided to correct other people
Exactly, the question off the topic was who we chosse to be the flame champion and who is the offical canon flame champion, which my answer was Hugo to both.
-Chaco
JanusThePaladin

yes, i did originally mean Flame Champion, not fire bringer.
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

Chris'(my fav of the three)dad, Wyatt Lightfellow had the true water rune, so in my mind it only made sence that she got it. Geddoe already had the T.lightning rune so I gave it back to him. So it is only right that Hugo gets it. Even though it would have been cool if Thomas would have been able to get it. XD
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Hugo is the Flame Champion in the manga, so I'd say that is as canon as it can get. However, Konami's official stance has always been that they don't endorce any of the three choices as canon. They leave it up to each player to decide.

I've tried all three choices, but I liked it when I gave Chris the True Fire Rune. Not only because if the True Water Rune goes to Hugo you'll be able to use all of the True Water Rune spells (Chris can't unlock level 4 spells unless she gets up to around level 83, which is pretty hard to achieve by unless you use a trick), and also because you get a special scene where Chris meets Wyatt and Yun inside that True Water Rune orb thingie (or whatever it is).