Bunch of questions

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Tenko5

Bunch of questions

Post by Tenko5 »

So, I stayed up late last night (i think too much when trying to sleep) and alot of these questions came into my head. I wish i had written them all down.
Are Zerase and Leknaat of the same tribe? They look exactly alike to me besides clothes.
Why does most people think Viki and Jeanne aren't the same person from every game? I think they easily could be think about how long each game lasts maybe a year (in the suikoden calendar) at max? So, if Viki just goes from one game to the next she would easily not age. And we have no idea what Jeanne is exactly she might be a different race for all we know. She says something about not being in her true form to the dog in 3 right?
Do the Twilight and Dawn rune count as true runes? and do they give immoratily to the bearer?
Does the rune of beginning count as one or two runes? One for the sword and another a shield? And do they represent the actual sword and shield in the creation myth of suikoden?
Do you find that the stars of destiny are normally true of the stars name? Like how Tenko is the lone star (yes i did pick it because of my name) and Kyle and Sgt. Jordi (i use 5 and 3 alot because they are the ones i play the most) do normally seem like loners too me. Even as social Kyle is he always winds up alone in the end because his endless flirting means he probably wont settle down. And Joe did seem like a loner watching over a kid and always worrying about his job. But he does get back togther with his wife than right? So maybe the Stars themselves have a duality nature to them like the true runes. Such as not all the Tenkai's can be the chief star star of heaven maybe they are all doomed to fade away into the history books.
Since Leknaat is the "keeper of the runes" or whatever do you think she will be the final keeper of the stars or never be a star?
That's all i remember now i might add some as i remember them. You don't have to "know" the answer since some of these aren't defintive answers but i would like to hear your opinions.
Those who know much suffer much. "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Why can't you be more sincere and earnest?! Like me!
Kyle: Yeah, how's that working out for you again?
Red rune

Re: Bunch of questions

Post by Red rune »

Tenko5 wrote:So, I stayed up late last night (i think too much when trying to sleep) and alot of these questions came into my head. I wish i had written them all down.
Are Zerase and Leknaat of the same tribe? They look exactly alike to me besides clothes.
Could be...if she mentioned anything about Windy then maybe u could be on to something...
Why does most people think Viki and Jeanne aren't the same person from every game? I think they easily could be think about how long each game lasts maybe a year (in the suikoden calendar) at max? So, if Viki just goes from one game to the next she would easily not age. And we have no idea what Jeanne is exactly she might be a different race for all we know. She says something about not being in her true form to the dog in 3 right?
Because Viki doesnt remember anything or anyone from past places, eg Spoilers!!!!!
Lorlei from S1,S2 and S5 who remebers Viki while she does not remeber Lorlei. Although she remebers Jeane from S4, Jeane does not remeber her (bathscene), which is even more confusing.

With Jeane not being the same person from each game, Konami stated that ALL her family members look,talk and act the same as her, although this has been taken as false information to some people.

Do the Twilight and Dawn rune count as true runes? and do they give immoratily to the bearer?
They count as HALVES of one true rune.
Does the rune of beginning count as one or two runes? One for the sword and another a shield? And do they represent the actual sword and shield in the creation myth of suikoden?
They are components of the rune of beggining.Judging by the timeline i somehow think it may be the sword and shield from the creation myth, because in the myth it states that "the darkness(souleater) grew lonley and shed a tear, this became the sword and shield,(rune of begginig) i think that is how it goes, correct me if im wrong.
Do you find that the stars of destiny are normally true of the stars name? Like how Tenko is the lone star (yes i did pick it because of my name) and Kyle and Sgt. Jordi (i use 5 and 3 alot because they are the ones i play the most) do normally seem like loners too me. Even as social Kyle is he always winds up alone in the end because his endless flirting means he probably wont settle down. And Joe did seem like a loner watching over a kid and always worrying about his job. But he does get back togther with his wife than right? So maybe the Stars themselves have a duality nature to them like the true runes. Such as not all the Tenkai's can be the chief star star of heaven maybe they are all doomed to fade away into the history books.
Yes, like how USUALLY the hero is a silent Protangonist and holds a true rune, tactics, S3 and the suikogaidens r an exception though.
Since Leknaat is the "keeper of the runes" or whatever do you think she will be the final keeper of the stars or never be a star?
That's all i remember now i might add some as i remember them. You don't have to "know" the answer since some of these aren't defintive answers but i would like to hear your opinions.
Only future installments will tell...

srry for the long post.
I'm lvl 99! plus my lvl68 party members
Quing

Post by Quing »

Hmm... I think your topic may be a little poorly defined, but out of the goodness of my heart, I will attempt to answer you anyway.

1) I don't believe that we know if Zerase and Leknaat are from the same tribe. They certainly seem to know each other. On the other hand, Leknaat knows everyone, so that's not much of an indicator.

2) First, most people do think Viki and Jeane are the same person from every game. There was an interview in which one of the Suikoden staff expressed the possibility that everyone in Jeane's family just has the same face. I'm pretty sure the person was joking. Responding to a different part of your question, several of the wars lasted more than a year. Check the timeline. And yes, it's entirely possible that Jeane is simply a dragon who has been polymorphed into the form of a human by an evil Nagarean wizard. We don't know.

3) No, the Twilight and Dawn runes don't count as true runes, and I'm pretty sure they don't grant immortality.

4) I'm not sure what you mean by "does it count." The fact that the Black Sword Rune and the Bright Shield Rune can be used by two separate bearers seems to indicate that at that point they are two runes. When they get stuck back together, they're one rune. Collectively, they only count as one True Rune. And certainly they represent the sword and shield from the creation myth. Whether they actually are said sword and shield is, I believe, up for debate.

5) As for the stars of destiny bit, I haven't analyzed it, though from what I recall, an awful lot of the stars' names have to be stretched quite a bit to get a fit.

6) What do you mean by "keeper of the stars?" What would being that entail? Personally, I think Leknaat is just a meddling old woman who wants a particular version of the world. Furthermore, I think she's good enough at manipulation to get what she wants without having to ever become a star.

There. That's all I've got.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Probably not. People from the same town don't look alike, so why should people from the same tribe look alike?
Why does most people think Viki and Jeanne aren't the same person from every game?
What makes you say that? As far as I know, the general consensus is that they are the same person, Viki especially.
And we have no idea what Jeanne is exactly she might be a different race for all we know. She says something about not being in her true form to the dog in 3 right?
Nothing is for certain about Jeane. Personally, I think her line to Koroku may have been a joke, but that's just my opinion.
No and no. They are simply guardian runes. While they are more powerful than regular runes, they are not true runes and therefore do not grant agelessness.
This I cannot answer with all certainty as I have no played S2, but from my understanding, the Rune of Beginning itself is one Rune with Sword and Shield being pieces of it. And as far as I know, they are indeed the Sword and Shield in the creation story.
Do you find that the stars of destiny are normally true of the stars name?
I don't believe so, but I'm sure there are those who will argue with me. For example, I don't think that anyone would consider Sebastian to be flying.
Leknaat is an enigma. I think that she is meant to just be a guardian of destiny and the stars. Always watching and barely interfering. The only time she really got her hands dirty was when it directly involved her and someone from her clan. That was it. Every other time, she's in and out.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Tenko5

Post by Tenko5 »

If you look at the 2nd Tenkai (Tenkan) star it describes them as the guardian of the tablet or aka the stars. In Suikoden 5 when Leknaat appears in front of the prince and Zerase, she says she is Leknaat the guardian of the runes. So, if what everyone theorizes will happen (the last game has all 27 true runes in it) that would make it extremly likely she would play a big role right?

And about sebastian being the flying star I think they wanted to try and keep all the innkeepers all the same star maybe? I don't know how the Chihi star was like so I can't say for sure. And it would be kind of hard to find 108 different stars everytime that everyone fits perfectly, also it would be boring. Though I will rephrase does it seem like the heaven stars fit their names nicely?
Those who know much suffer much. "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Chris_Lightfellow

So, if what everyone theorizes will happen (the last game has all 27 true runes in it) that would make it extremly likely she would play a big role right?
That's up to your opinion. There is no right or wrong answer to that.
And about sebastian being the flying star I think they wanted to try and keep all the innkeepers all the same star maybe?
That was not your question though. Your example in your question was using the meanings of the stars, not people being the same star.
Though I will rephrase does it seem like the heaven stars fit their names nicely?
Ah, so here's the real question. I don't believe they do. Yes they try, but the majority don't fit. The first few stars fit nicely, and I guess a few interspersed between, but other than that, no, they don't.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Tenko5

Post by Tenko5 »

I'm sorry chris I never said in my first post that I might add questions later. :roll: And I know there is no right or wrong answer. I'm just asking for you thoughts. Not everything can be dealt with or seen in absolutes.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

I'll try to answer your q...
Are Zerase and Leknaat of the same tribe? They look exactly alike to me besides clothes
Hmm... nope i think. But no one sure about that.
They are unique rune, special and only one, but not true runes. As Chris say it just guardians runes.
Rune of Beginning count as one rune. Black sword and bright shield count as elements of rune f beginning. If they stand alone they are not true runes, but if they combined they are one rune ie Rune of Beginning.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
Red rune

Post by Red rune »

Rune of Beginning count as one rune. Black sword and bright shield count as elements of rune f beginning. If they stand alone they are not true runes, but if they combined they are one rune ie Rune of Beginning.
I'm confused, if they're only two componenets of a true rune, then arent they halves??
Chris_Lightfellow

Simple.
Suikox wrote:How does a rune split anyway?

Is it possible that the two gate runes are two separate true runes?

How it is explained by Konami is that the Black Sword and Bright Shield runes are not "halves" of the Beginning Rune, but instead components of the Beginning Rune. These two runes are completely dissimilar in property, and exist in that form ab originae. In their separate forms, they are not true runes.

The Gate Rune, on the other hand, was originally a whole rune. It was forcibly split by Windy and Leknaat using some secret method we have no clue about. The resulting halves of the Gate Rune have identical powers, and retain true rune properties but its power is weaker than a full true rune. Regardless, it provides agelessness.

We can compare this with making coffee. To make coffee, you need ground coffee beans and hot water. Once you mix the two together, you get coffee. If take half of that coffee away--pour half of it into another cup, you just get two 1/2 cups of coffee. You don't get hot water and ground coffee.

That's the difference between the Gate Rune and the Rune of the Beginning. The Gate Rune is already finished coffee, so splitting it only creates two identical runes. The Rune of the Beginning is a combination of the Black Sword Rune (ground coffee) and Bright Shield Rune (hot water). Thus, if the Rune of the Beginning is ever split by a powerful sorcerer, you'd get halves of the Rune of the Beginning instead of the Black Sword and the Bright Shield rune.
Hopefully, this answers your question.

Red rune

Post by Red rune »

Chris_Lightfellow wrote:Simple.
Suikox wrote:How does a rune split anyway?

Is it possible that the two gate runes are two separate true runes?

How it is explained by Konami is that the Black Sword and Bright Shield runes are not "halves" of the Beginning Rune, but instead components of the Beginning Rune. These two runes are completely dissimilar in property, and exist in that form ab originae. In their separate forms, they are not true runes.

The Gate Rune, on the other hand, was originally a whole rune. It was forcibly split by Windy and Leknaat using some secret method we have no clue about. The resulting halves of the Gate Rune have identical powers, and retain true rune properties but its power is weaker than a full true rune. Regardless, it provides agelessness.

We can compare this with making coffee. To make coffee, you need ground coffee beans and hot water. Once you mix the two together, you get coffee. If take half of that coffee away--pour half of it into another cup, you just get two 1/2 cups of coffee. You don't get hot water and ground coffee.

That's the difference between the Gate Rune and the Rune of the Beginning. The Gate Rune is already finished coffee, so splitting it only creates two identical runes. The Rune of the Beginning is a combination of the Black Sword Rune (ground coffee) and Bright Shield Rune (hot water). Thus, if the Rune of the Beginning is ever split by a powerful sorcerer, you'd get halves of the Rune of the Beginning instead of the Black Sword and the Bright Shield rune.
Hopefully, this answers your question.
Oh i get it now! Thanks.
True Harem Rune

Post by True Harem Rune »

Also important to know that Dawn & Twilight are not pieces of the Sun Rune. They were broken off of the Night Rune when the Night Rune casted away the light of the Sun Rune.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

True Harem Rune wrote:Also important to know that Dawn & Twilight are not pieces of the Sun Rune. They were broken off of the Night Rune when the Night Rune casted away the light of the Sun Rune.
actually both the dawn and twilight runes come from the bond of the night and sune rune,when 2 true runes split up these 2 runes were born and bassically watched over the sun rune

an analogy would be..... Daddy night rune leaves his wife the sun rune as she was pregnant and she gives birth to the dawna and twilight runes just as he leaves or right after, they take care of her and keep her sane otherwise she would go crazy without the man she loves in her life

now thats just an analogy....but its interesting to note that the star dragon sword aka night rune is always with men and is in fact a man...while the sun rune is associated with a queendom of women and is always born by women.... and the dawn and twilight runes really do only care about the sun rune and not daddy night rune. coincidence? maybe^_^

think about it

dawn=the sun comes up=sun rune

twilight= the suns just about to go down=Night rune
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Also, the Star Rune is a child rune of the Night Rune. Zerase has the Star Rune and she mentions the night rune once or twice, so she's obviously deeply connected with the whole Sun / Night dichotomy. She's also obsessed with reuniting the Dawn and Twilight child runes with the Sun Rune as if she's a desperate step-child from a failed marriage trying to get everyone together again or something.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

gee wow from Nov 2007 to May 2008

talk about digging up old threads

anyway i was gonna answer the thread but i guess its not much of use now

but i would like to mention that i do not think that Kyle and Sgt Joe were loners

well go ahead if thats the way you want them to see

but for me they're not

they are more like Guardians to me (considering only SIII and SV)

I dunno all the Tenko stars and certainly ain't gonna bother to look it up (even if its in the same site)