would like to see some game scripts of the suiko series

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
baalasherah

would like to see some game scripts of the suiko series

Post by baalasherah »

hi. im new to the suikoden series. so far i already played suikoden 5 and rhapsodia

and i havent played yet suikoden 1 to 4 since theres nothing available (including the gaiden).

but i already have the game scripts of 1 and 2.

i was just wondering if you guys have any or know any sites that have the game scripts of

suikoden 3
suikoden 4
suikoden 5
rhapsodia
and 2 suiko gaidens

i saw the site here with the gaiden story (and its great). its just that i was looking for a more longer and in depth one. :)

thanks
Chaco

Re: would like to see some game scripts of the suiko series

Post by Chaco »

Try Gamefaqs. And you could also just type in Google "Suikoden X game scripts"
(X represents the game number 3-5 and Gaiden) and see what happens. This is the best Suikoden Information site I know. If you do find any other sites can you tello me because I would love an english game script for the 2 Gaidens as well.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
baalasherah

Post by baalasherah »

yes. that is where i've gotten my s1 and s2 scripts

sadly, the other s series on gamefaqs only shows walkthroughs and some others. :)

edit:

i already tried that also on google. i didnt find any :(
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

yes. that is where i've gotten my s1 and s2 scripts

sadly, the other s series on gamefaqs only shows walkthroughs and some others.

edit:

i already tried that also on google. i didnt find any
Aww really! Well I'll try looking to. I would like some scripts to, I am much to lazy/busy to make some myself but if I come across any I'll post the links here.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
ThricebornPhoenix

Post by ThricebornPhoenix »

I tried both GameFAQs and about a dozen Google searches and found only a script for the original and a plot summary (no good for precise quotes) for SII. I thought this was especially odd (and dismaying) considering the amount of debate about the stories of the series. If no one else does SIV or Tactics before I replay them, I might take a stab at it. I'm more interested in certain parts of SIII, but that's a long game and I don't know how much dialogue changes based on the order in which you play the chapters.
"Evil is always a distortion or an exaggeration of something that is good. People don't understand that now." - Gene Wolfe, an interview
Rune

Post by Rune »

You can find compilations of all cutscenes for all Suikoden games here. As for actual scripts (which would be nice for searching for characters lines or words), I only know of the script for Suikoden I on GameFAQs. A GameFAQs user said he was working on a Suikoden V script a while back, but I haven't heard from him in months. I can understand why; the scripts are terribly long (especially for III and V) and have a lot of minor changes based on user-selected lines. At least the cutscenes are all easily accessible online!