Genso Suikoden I - Translation Differences?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
DarknessSavior

Genso Suikoden I - Translation Differences?

Post by DarknessSavior »

Hi,

I just purchased a Japanese copy of Suikoden I (by far, my favorite in the series. Though, I haven't played IV, Tactics or V). I was wondering if there are a large amount of differences in the storyline (whether it be things changed or censored, translation errors, etc...) between the US and Japanese versions.

Thanks,

~DS
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Genso Suikoden I - Translation Differences?

Post by KFCrispy »

for one, Luc fails to mention he is using his True Wind Rune to summon the Golem in the english version..
DarknessSavior

Re: Genso Suikoden I - Translation Differences?

Post by DarknessSavior »

Well, I got my copy in the mail this week, and I started transcribing the manual. Apparently, there's a pre-story section that wasn't in the US manual. I intend on typing out the interesting parts of the manual, including that story.

I got the map section done, which is where the story starts, I think (it's one page before "Chapter 1"). It's up at Romhacking.net: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.p ... l#msg73495

I can't translate worth a damn, since I'm not that good at the language yet (kana are easy, but I don't know nearly enough kanji, nor do I know the grammar or enough words, yet). So anyone who's interested can poke at it. You don't have to finish the whole thing in one go, sections are okay. =D

~DS