Suikoden Tactics and IV Timeline

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Tara-Chan

Suikoden Tactics and IV Timeline

Post by Tara-Chan »

I just started playing Tactics this morning (at 4am, woot!) and I am a bit confused with the events in the game.

The game starts with Walter and co. in the back alley of Razril, right? I understand that the game started in IS 299, where Suikosource said Walter died that year.. which would also mean Steele and Edgar died as well. But yet Suikosource says that Edgar died in 304...? But that's not my point.

My point is that if Walter died in 299, and THREE years past... it would be 302, which would be the year when the Island Liberation War STARTED, but in the game, it clearly takes place in 307... after the war...

I know my math skills is worse than a mushroom's, but ... something is not quite adding up here. Now if I was to follow the information on Edgar's profile that he died in 304, then adding three years to make it 307 would make sense, but on Steele's and Walter's, it said they died in 299.

I would love it if somebody could clear up my confusion for me. ^_^;; Thanks!
Silver Dragon Flik

Re: Suikoden Tactics and IV Timeline

Post by Silver Dragon Flik »

That's probably a mistake from Suikosource, Walter and Edgar both died on the same day.
Tara-Chan

Post by Tara-Chan »

But even if they did die on the same day, what year was it? Because if it was 299, then that plus three years as it stated in the game would be 304... and the Island Federation War ended in 307...

Unless it's just a serious discontinuity?
Silver Dragon Flik

Tara-Chan wrote:But even if they did die on the same day, what year was it? Because if it was 299, then that plus three years as it stated in the game would be 304... and the Island Federation War ended in 307...

Unless it's just a serious discontinuity?
I think the events during "The night sea" happened about a month before Suikoden IV starts.
Tara-Chan

Post by Tara-Chan »

Silver Dragon Flik wrote:I think the events during "The night sea" happened about a month before Suikoden IV starts.
So by that then that means Brandeau only had the Rune of Punishment for about a few months before it got transferred over to Glen? But they died in 299... so how can it be a month?

Haha, oh well. I guess it's just one of those weird errors thing.
Silver Dragon Flik

Tara-Chan wrote:
Silver Dragon Flik wrote:I think the events during "The night sea" happened about a month before Suikoden IV starts.
So by that then that means Brandeau only had the Rune of Punishment for about a few months before it got transferred over to Glen? But they died in 299... so how can it be a month?

Haha, oh well. I guess it's just one of those weird errors thing.
Glen didn't have it long either, most people didn't.