Beast Rune

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
BahamutXero

Beast Rune

Post by BahamutXero »

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I have a question: I haven't played far enough in Suikoden V to get him, but is the "Beast Rune" Ernst has really the True Rune? If so, is there any explanation in game about how he got it? I know Suikoden V is before II, but I thought the Blight family had it? I wasn't sure because it wasn't updated on the True Rune list that he had it.
Long live the king of dragons!!
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

1. No it isn't.
2. Wrong section.
Formerly known as: Gothann
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

All true runes give birth to lower tier versions of themselves, it is assumed that the "beast rune" earnst has is infact the lower tier version of the True "Beast Rune"

examples would be the elemental runes...there are 5 true elemental runes and COUNTLESS regular lower tier runes that have the same element but like a thousand times weaker{and non sentient} then there true rune counterparts
BahamutXero

Post by BahamutXero »

That makes sense. It's just a little confusing that they're both called the "Beast Rune", without the "True" part. Maybe Konami should have translated Ernst's rune to something else.
Long live the king of dragons!!
MARchenBOY

Re: Beast Rune

Post by MARchenBOY »

The TRUE "Beast" rune is in Suikoden 2....The last boss for Suikoden 2...
Suikoden Rocks!!!!!!!!!!