Rune locations

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Crowetron

Rune locations

Post by Crowetron »

I couldn't figure out anywhere else to put this so I posted here, but this has been bugging me since the GS3.

In the first two games, it was implied and then established that runes placed on the hands appeared in the palm, no? But in the 3D entries, the runes appear on the back of a character's hands.

So, what gives? Is either a viable slot for a rune? Or was this change made simply to ease the job of the animators?
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I've wondered the same thing. I assumed that they were in the palm of the hand until S3. I figured I was just seeing it wrong in the first two.
PSN: FreshMetal80
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

Runes can be placed anywhere on the body. There is no set location. In fact, Crowley has hundreds all over his body. Leknaat has her half of the Gate Rune on her chest, I believe and it is speculated that the Rune of Change is located on the Leader of the Sindar's forehead. They can be located anywhere.
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

Oh, right...forgot about Crowley's uberness for a minute. Thanks for clearing that up.

Any idea why the developers decided to stick with the "back-of-the-hand" placement for the 3D installments?
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?