The man worth 1,000 men! (Possible minor spoiler)

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Falenan_descent

The man worth 1,000 men! (Possible minor spoiler)

Post by Falenan_descent »

Heh, I was playing Suikoden V earlier this week. I'm on my 2nd playthrough right now. And I got a neat little comment box comment from someone. It was about Taylor and how he was worth 1,000 men because of his newspaper and that people LIKE him are greatly appreciated during war because, even though they may not fight, they're worth more than 1,000 soldiers.

And then it made me realize that MY personal judgements of war were very simple. I always thought war was just run in, smash em up, if you win, congrats! If not, then...retreat! Haha. And the only thing that seperates you from wins or losses is how many troops you have.

But then you have this basic idea of a newspaper guy...who has the ability to give anyone, anywhere..the facts! And sway the general public's mindset and voila ~ Mass chaos ensues. Its so awesome!

And then it made me realize that even the underdog in war is just as great as, lets say, General Boz Wilde!

Suikoden is so educational @_@
Jodan

Post by Jodan »

its all about making people feel the way you wnat them too feel
taylor was right look at ww2 and the massive propaganda compaigns on both sides. most wars are fought with propaganda (look at cnn) . also look a the volksturm a foreign volunteer unit for a land that kills foreigners.
every army needs a taylor to survive if they dont any war would turn into a ww1 attrition bloodbath.
IT'S CALLED SUIKOCRACK!!!
want some