Luc's reminder

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
TOAMN

Luc's reminder

Post by TOAMN »

In SIII, when Luc says to Hugo he reminds him of someone, who is he refering to? I assume it's either Tir or Riou, and he might of mentioned it, I just haven't played in a while, but, does anyone know?
Iris

Post by Iris »

I think it's both of them.
TOAMN

Post by TOAMN »

That makes sense I suppose, thanks for telling me.
Luca

Re: Luc's reminder

Post by Luca »

TOAMN wrote:In SIII, when Luc says to Hugo he reminds him of someone, who is he refering to? I assume it's either Tir or Riou, and he might of mentioned it, I just haven't played in a while, but, does anyone know?
I always think that Luc have a greater affinity with Tir than Riou so i thought he meant Tir then...guess we'll never find out! 8)
jbd86es

Post by jbd86es »

It should mean Tir and Riou. Hugo, much moreso than Chris or Geddoe, is a quick and agile fighter that excels in combat without great physical strength (like Tir and Riou); Hugo is also in the same age group and has the same hair color (well, his natural hair color is the same). More relevant to the comparison is that Tir, Riou, Hugo, and Luc have a great similarity. They are young kids thrusted into the world stage by becoming the bearer of a True Rune. Luc and Hugo don't fit perfectly into the same mold as Tir and Riou because Luc is born with his True Rune and Hugo seeks True Fire out (and if Luc is making this comparison with this quote, then yes Hugo is the Flame Champion). Hugo and Riou don't really want power too much, but agree to take and use it because it will save people's lives.
Tir, Riou, and Hugo are pure, idealistic youths; I think Luc is too. He sacrificed himself to fight an evil his Rune foretold. He could have easily lived hundreds of years enjoying the luxuries of being a Harmonian Bishop.
Vermillion.Twilight

Post by Vermillion.Twilight »

Its Riou.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

he was always distant and detached

so it could be both

he could've been reminded of when Tir fought his summoned golem

or he could've been reminded of when when both lead armies to fight for freedom

seriously, this is tearing me apart

i'm stickin with either
Vermillion.Twilight

I think it's most definitely Riou, he matches Hugo the best...
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Ah Vermillion Twilight returns to give us unsubstantiated statements.

I to have puzzled this question, and I'm still very unsure. I would say its both as in S2 several characters talk about the similarities of the 2, but if it was both Luc probably would of said something like "You are just like both of them" or "You remind me of them" not act like it was one specific individual. If i were to choose of the 2, i would say Tir, as I always believed that Tir had more in common with Luc then Riou did. He certainly had more interaction.
Vermillion.Twilight

JanusThePaladin wrote:Ah Vermillion Twilight returns to give us unsubstantiated statements.

I to have puzzled this question, and I'm still very unsure. I would say its both as in S2 several characters talk about the similarities of the 2, but if it was both Luc probably would of said something like "You are just like both of them" or "You remind me of them" not act like it was one specific individual. If i were to choose of the 2, i would say Tir, as I always believed that Tir had more in common with Luc then Riou did. He certainly had more interaction.

Really no definite answer can be found but since its S3, I think the game writers wanted you to think he was talking about the S2 Hero.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

now that you mention it

Hugo bears a true rune and whatever curse that comes with it

i think the one that comes close to that is Tir
Vermillion.Twilight

Who says the Bright Shield rune has no curse? It means he must fight his best friend...
Iku

Post by Iku »

thats true but i believe he meant the true fire rune, which i guess when the flame champion lost control and burnt half the grasslands to charcoal was part of the curse, maybe makes them all angry and stuff, or he simply may have lost control. I think it was probably tir, both get a rune that they dont really want trust upon them and both must endure the loneliness of it, everytime tir made a close connection they tended to die, and luc was plagued by these visions and feelings of 'crap, im a clone'. compared to jowy and riou who were both forced to fight but it could've happened without the rune and they were going through the experience, though on opposite sides, together. Also luc does hve more interaction with tir.
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
Aculias

Post by Aculias »

I think Tir was a little more mature then Riou.

Tir was raised by a general & he took everything seriously.

Riou was more like Hugo.
Wild, more out going & wanted to travel.
Basically exactly like Hugo.

I dont think it has anything to do with Tir as much as Riou.

Tir is not that similar to Hugo.

Being similar I think it is Riou.

Then again if we knew Luc's past a little more, it could be someone else.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

Vermillion.Twilight wrote:Who says the Bright Shield rune has no curse? It means he must fight his best friend...
Hugo's story wasn't about fighting his BFF right?

Hugo was about leading a resistance that threatens his homeland right?

Tir was the same

Riou was a bit different since he is fighting from the other side

Hugo's journey essentially begun after the death of his best friend right?

Tir's journey also began after Ted's recapture wherein one can assume that he died so that the Soul Eater can escape

Jowy never died

my point is, in terms of losses

Hugo and Tir have a certain similarity

and their resolve to fight even after these terrible losses is prolly what reminded Luc eh?