Suikoden 1 Ending Question (spoiler)

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
TrueRune27

Suikoden 1 Ending Question (spoiler)

Post by TrueRune27 »

Does anyone knows why the soul eater rejected Windy when she tried to take it from Tir?
Iku

Post by Iku »

because true runes are sentient and choose their master, it probably wasnt destiny that she owned it or perhaps what she had done ted made it not like her? :?
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
TrueRune27

Post by TrueRune27 »

sounds fair... it was weird how she could so easily take it without anyone stopping her though...
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Well let's see here... the SoulEater grows stronger as the people who are close to the bearer die, Windy has no one who is close to her.

Gee... wonder why the SoulEater doesn't want her as a master?
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Plus she already has a true rune.
PSN: FreshMetal80
LadyRhia

Post by LadyRhia »

freshmetal wrote:Plus she already has a true rune.
Technically, only half.
Iku

Post by Iku »

and she knows how to bear two......................
but it could be due to a number of reasons! but i dont think the soul eater cares if youve got people close to you i mean ted had just lost everyone in his life but it still chose him! when cleo was better candidate because she still had everyone (minus gremio)
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

I came under the expression that the technique she uses, is a Sindar technique to hold more than one true rune. If I am wrong please correct me.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Gamer1826

Post by Gamer1826 »

I'm not even going to begin to explain this one. The last time I played that game was years ago.

But if I rememer correctly, Windy only has one True Rune, that being the Front (Back? Can't remember) of the Gate Rune. I don't think you can have more than one True Rune, can you?
EternalOnslaught

In S3 Sarah and Luc were able to hold more than 1 one true rune. They held them inside a device, and able to use the runes power. According to Sarah it was a sindar technique, Unless i've made a big mistake. My memory is a bit fuzzy on the topic.
TOAMN

Post by TOAMN »

I would think that it is a Sindar technique as well, because, in S5, Godwin was able to use the Sun Rune without bearing it. So one could hold a true rune, and use that technique to use another. I think it is a Sindar techniiques cause he was always researching Sindar stuff.

I apologize if anything I just said is blatently wrong, and explained in the game; I haven't beaten it yet.
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

the device is from harmonia
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
TOAMN

Post by TOAMN »

K, thanks for clearing that up for me. But, even thogh it's harmonian, not sindarian, it still doesn't change the fact that you can't hold more than one true rune, you can just use devices to use the powers of the runes.
Iku

Post by Iku »

hmm...... i still think she knew how to bear 2 true runes on her body, she had been studying true runes for hundreds of years!
EternalOnslaught

Ofcourse, if I recall the sindar knew a way to do it. Maybe she studied the sindars? And as form those devices of Harmonia, they could've been sindarian technology that Harmonian learned, ofcourse I don't kn ow if that's true. Just pitching the thought out there, because I am pretty sure there are several sindar ruins where the Holy Kingdom of Harmonian lies at.