Suiko III character questions - Queen and Jacques

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
nephlabobo

Suiko III character questions - Queen and Jacques

Post by nephlabobo »

Been playing through Suiko III again. I clearly remember there being speculation about Queen being Pilika at some point or another.

Was it ever actually settled?

And was there ever any extra info forthcoming about Jacques? They seemed to hint at a back story but never revealed much.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Nah, the speculation was actually about Queen being Jillia (since 3 was 15 years after 2, and Jillia was 16 in 2 and Queen was 31 in 3, the ages DID make sense) but it was ultimately refuted and it isn't true.

For some ungodly reason, I can't find the topic about it.
Purr.
Iris

Post by Iris »

Well, this the article that started it all, if that helps.
jbd86es

Re: Suiko III character questions - Queen and Jacques

Post by jbd86es »

I just read that article and it makes a lot of sense. It would be an amazing plot twist I would never have expected. Just how exactly was it refuted?
One thing I thought of is that I imagine Luca Blight pigging out meat, even raw meat; it would fit his barbaric, blood-thirsty personality. I think someone as pure as Jillia watching her murderous brother rip flesh apart with his teeth at every meal, would drive her to become a vegetarian. At Karaya Village, Queen states she is. It is an a stretch of the thought, but has some logic to it.
Iku

Post by Iku »

i think it was something as simple as eye colour or something like that which just proved that they couldnt be the same person, would've been cool though....
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Iku wrote:i think it was something as simple as eye colour or something like that which just proved that they couldnt be the same person, would've been cool though....
Mizuki has different eye colours in IV and in Tactics, so this is no proof at all :D
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Well there's always tiny little details like Queen being from the Harmonia-annexed nation of Sanady while Jillia is from Highland, Jillia living a posh life in a mansion while Queen was as a third-class citizen.

It also would have been interesting to see her manage to both take part in the Higheast Rebellion as a member of the HSFD 12th Unit while serving as Harmonia figure-head.

There's also the fact that suikox's articles are supposed to be jokes.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Iku

Post by Iku »

Raww, really you need to lighten up a little i mean anytime anyone makes slip up you kinda leap on them and go for the jugular, this time not so much but it does happen quite alot....i knew it was something that was quite definite but couldn't remember what aah well now i know
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Jillia living a posh life in a mansion while Queen was as a third-class citizen.
Queen was from a noble family in Sanady, originally, which is probably another thing that fueled the rumor.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

whoa interesting !!!

here's hoping it's true >_<
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Chris_Lightfellow wrote:
Jillia living a posh life in a mansion while Queen was as a third-class citizen.
Queen was from a noble family in Sanady, originally, which is probably another thing that fueled the rumor.
Sanady and Highland are separate entities.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

Queen's homeland was in Sanady

Jillia can't be born in Sanady according to timeline

but her mother is from Sanady

it could be part of "in cognito" plan

instead of using your mother's maiden name, you use her homeland to hide your identity?

yes?
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

patapi wrote:
Chris_Lightfellow wrote:
Sanady and Highland are separate entities.
I know. I was saying that since Queen was from a noble family, and Jilia was royal, it could cause someone to think that they were the same since they both had a high upbringing.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Jeremiah Ecks

Post by Jeremiah Ecks »

Eye colours - contact lenses, especially useful if you're meant to be hiding your identity, as the HSFD are often trying to.

I don't see why Jillia couldn't have been born in Sanady. Sure, Highland and Harmonia are different places but maybe Jillia's mother was on some kind of diplomatic mission at the time and gave birth to Jillia there.

In regards to Queen being a slave and Jillia being a royalist... maybe after Jillia leaves Jowy, she and Pilika become slaves. Because a lot of time passes between II and III. Geddoe frees Jillia from slavery and to prevent her slavemasters coming to find her, she takes on the pseudonymn 'Queen' and then hides from both the Dunan and slaving problems. Perfect disguise. With her adjusted hairstyle, badass attitude and the protection of Harmonia, she's onto a winner. And as a technically Harmonian resident from Sanady - even though she was born into a Highland family - she's perfectly safe.

If you want to stretch it further, maybe this is why Harmonia did not invade Highland - Highland is, after all, a very, very small state. With massive strategic interest as it allows easy access to Dunan and Toran. As if Hikusaak has no problem taking it over... So Jillia being a technically Harmonian resident keeps Harmonia away from Highland, as a political thing. And also this is why Harmonia is so quick to give aid in the form of Sasarai during the Dunan Unification War.

I know the Jillia / Queen thing is meant to be a joke, but... it's a very compelling theory. And I do rather think I like it.

-Jeremiah Ecks,
who thinks that Queen is Jillia. Sure, yeah, she is. Not intended to be but what the hey!
"Everything is something, but nothing is everything."
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

maybe Jillia's mother was on some kind of diplomatic mission at the time and gave birth to Jillia there.
Yeah, send the raped woman on a diplomatic mission, especially when she's about to have the baby any minute.

And considering Sanady was conquered in 440 but Jillia wasn't born till 5 years later it just doesn't work.
maybe after Jillia leaves Jowy, she and Pilika become slaves.
Maybe the sky fell down and hit her on the head and gave her amnesia too.

She was a 3rd class citizen because she was from the conquered nation of Sanady. That's what happens to conquered nations. She even says as much.
If you want to stretch it further, maybe this is why Harmonia did not invade Highland
Yeah, sure. That's probably it. Just ignore all the history in the games and make up your own stuff instead.

Harmonia considered Highland a vassal state. There's no need to invade those. Hikusaak gave the damn country away to have something in between Harmonia and Dunan, invading it would defeat the entire point in the first place.

This stupid theory needs to die, like yesterday. Suikox should take it down since people obviously can't understand the joke.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.