A question about the Gate Rune Wars

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Iris

Post by Iris »

"The Gate Rune Wars" is the name that appears in the history books, and it's also what they call it.
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

True Rune wrote:Was Windy's quest for the souleater really that an important issue during the war? I agree that it is an important plot point, but there was already a lot of unrest in the Scarlet Moon Empire before McDohl took leadership. Odessa was already starting a rebellion. Pretty much every member of the 108 stars of destiny didn't really seem all that concerned with the soul eater. Viktor, Flik, Mathiu and so many others were out to stop the corrupt empire. Only those like Cleo and Gremio even seemed to know who Windy was. I think calling it Gate Rune war misrepresents what is was really all about. Looking back, if Windy would've been killed by Ted when he was taken to the palace at the beginning the game, I don't think the events of the war would have changed much. McDohl was destined to lead the freedom fighters with or without the soul eater.
Without Windy Odessa wouldn't have needed to form the Toran Liberation Army. Without this Suikoden one would not have happened.

It is called the Gate Rune Wars because of the battle between Windy and Leknaat the bearers of the two pieces of the Gate Rune. Lepant was there to witness first hand the power of the True Runes.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.