the strongest true rune so far?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Iesous
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:44 am

Re: the strongest true rune so far?

Postby Iesous » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:45 am

Nothing in the world has ever indicated that Yuber and Pesmerga are Sindar. (Cyndar is a misspelling.) I mean, not a shred of evidence. you say it's speculation. I don't think that 'speculation' is a strong enough word for that idea.

User avatar
Vextor
Global Admin
Posts: 1818
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:45 am
Location: Japan
Contact:

Re: the strongest true rune so far?

Postby Vextor » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:38 pm

Yes, Pesmerga and Yuber hasn't been linked to the Sindars at this point. In fact, Yuber's wish to create more chaos would be directly opposite of the wish of the Sindars, who hate chaos.
http://www.infidels.org/ -- A place for information on atheism and secular free thinking.

Rezard
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:58 pm

Re: the strongest true rune so far?

Postby Rezard » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:28 pm

Iesous wrote:Nothing in the world has ever indicated that Yuber and Pesmerga are Sindar. (Cyndar is a misspelling.) I mean, not a shred of evidence. you say it's speculation. I don't think that 'speculation' is a strong enough word for that idea.

Well... actualy the Sindar are the phantom race and look at Richmond data from Suikoden II:

Pesmerga
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Secret 1:
Name: Pesmerga
Age: Unknown
From: Unknown
Position: Infantry Captain
Note: None

Secret 2:
"I still don't know what this guy really is, but apparently no one in the castle has ever seen him either eating or sleeping."

Secret 3:
"He moves pretty damned quiet for a guy with all that armor, I tell ya. It's a little spooky."

Secret 4:
"I'm still not sure what kind of a creature he is. Some people say he's just a shadow from another existence."

A SHADOW FROM ANOTHER EXISTENCE! It is suspicious. Of course, it IS NOT enough to say Yuber/Pesmerga are Sindar, but you cant also say there's "not a shred of evidence". If they are Sindar, it makes perfect sense and it wont feel forced or absurd. It is quite different then saying Neclord is Sindar.
Also Yuber has show hability to summon and most likely control over monsters just like the fog ship capitain, who most assume (based on his dialogue) is controling some monster (the shrimp thing) from very afar.

Vextor wrote:Yes, Pesmerga and Yuber hasn't been linked to the Sindars at this point. In fact, Yuber's wish to create more chaos would be directly opposite of the wish of the Sindars, who hate chaos.

Yet their leader carries the change rune, which is the closest to a Chaos Rune. Considering how much stress a true rune puts on an individual, it is not impossible for the sindar leader to become "chaos crazy" over a couple of hundred years.

I like to keep possibilities open, of course I am just speculating on little to none information Konami has given us, which is all that is possible for now.

User avatar
Hirathien
Posts: 697
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:26 pm

Re: the strongest true rune so far?

Postby Hirathien » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:51 pm

But there's not a shred of evidence. There might be enough to speculate, and speculation leads to a theory. You cannot use a theory as evidence.

Iesous
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:44 am

Re: the strongest true rune so far?

Postby Iesous » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:03 pm

We're terribly off topic now. So, a little reclarification and renewal of the topic: everyone is their own person. Hikusaak is not the Sindar leader; Yuber is not the Sindar leader. No one (except for Windy) can have two True Runes. No one (including Windy) has two True Runes on their body. All True Runes are equal in power.

User avatar
yuberluc
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:49 pm
Location: In the air where i born,on the earth where i walk.
Contact:

Re: the strongest true rune so far?

Postby yuberluc » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:53 am

Iesous wrote:Nothing in the world has ever indicated that Yuber and Pesmerga are Sindar. (Cyndar is a misspelling.) I mean, not a shred of evidence. you say it's speculation. I don't think that 'speculation' is a strong enough word for that idea.


it is just a mere thoughts , that is why i said speculation..

Iesous wrote:We're terribly off topic now. So, a little reclarification and renewal of the topic: everyone is their own person. Hikusaak is not the Sindar leader; Yuber is not the Sindar leader. No one (except for Windy) can have two True Runes. No one (including Windy) has two True Runes on their body. All True Runes are equal in power.


:!: just realized..
too much question in my head :lol:

it's true all the true runes have their own unique powers,just curious though about sindar & circle rune.. no one found it these 2 runes right? i wonder who kept it for all these times.. :?:
Chaos will suit me just fine

User avatar
27x4=108
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:58 pm
Location: Spain

Re: the strongest true rune so far?

Postby 27x4=108 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:53 pm

All the true runes have the same "power", and that power can be bigger or smaller depending on the bearer. Ok, thats a truth.

But, if we speak about power of destruction, creation, or just how awesome can a rune be, it would be imposible to say, because we dont know the powers of so many true runes, most of them have "bad" or "not 100 years bearers" and the opinions can differ in what is awesome or not ( powers of summoning do like a lot to my brother and I think they are a sh*t ) xD
Sorry for my very bad english! :S

User avatar
ninjaluc79
Posts: 845
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:45 pm
Location: The Island Nations
Contact:

Re: the strongest true rune so far?

Postby ninjaluc79 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:19 am

Vextor wrote:Oops, mistook fire element affinity with water there. My bad.

In terms of who would be the most masterful user of True Runes, Sierra would seem to have the greatest mastery, given the fact that she has had the rune for hundreds of years, and although has lost it for a few hundred years, she still has strong command over it (and she gets it back in the end). The problem, though, is that she doesn't know much about sorcery (she's not all that interested), so a true rune bearer with greater skill in sorcery in general may show greater aptitude in using true runes.

Ted would be another example, because he has enough mastery to remove and attach his true rune pretty easily (at least, it seems like he can remove it at will). He's had the rune for at least 300 years, and his MAG is also very high. He's not really a sorcerer though.

Joshua Levenheit is another who has been a bearer for hundreds of years, so he might be pretty powerful. We just don't know much about his actual prowess using that rune.

We also can't discount Windy and Leknaat, who have both had half of a true rune for over 400 years. Even though their halves are weaker in power, they sort of supplement that gap with their general aptitude as sorcerers.

Yuber has also had his true rune for at least 300 years, but likely a lot longer. All we can tell is that he seems to have enough mastery over his true rune that he can be overpowered by the combined effort of Leknaat and Joshua (with the help of Windy, of course).


Yeah. Ted's a so-called "Rune Archer".

I think it's not a question of which is the strongest True Rune. It's the question of who will be the most effective True Rune user.

Okay, now, Tir's just statistically broken, Riou has okay MAG for a healer, Jowy has good MAG for an offensive mage, only Luc and Sasarai were the most magically inclined along the True Elemental Rune bearers, with Geddoe being actually a Mage Knight, Hugo having bad magic affinity, Chris even worse, and Lazlo being at least bear real punishment from RoP.

I'm not sure about Frey and Lyon, but I'd say the Sun Rune's pretty devastating.

That said, Soul Eater's still my vote for its ability to control life and death.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.

ChaosZereul

Re: the strongest true rune so far?

Postby ChaosZereul » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:49 pm

I'm sure it's been said, but I'm rather curious to see what the Rune of Beginning can do. I mean, when you consider all the speculation on it, how it can "judge war," and how scholars have wondered if the Black Sword and Bright Shield are the same "sword" and "shield" from their creation myth, if we could ever see it united, I think we'd see some serious power coming from it, maybe enough to trump any other True Rune.

In my eyes, I see the re-creation of the Rune of Beginning as a literal "Re-creation" of the world. The bearer would probably have the power to essentially cause the same events that created the world in the first place, maybe even create a whole new set of True Runes.

DoReMi_Vampire
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:16 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: the strongest true rune so far?

Postby DoReMi_Vampire » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:30 am

It's been said before but I'll say it again, the Bright Shield and Black Sword runes are not the actual forces of nature mentioned in the creation myth, they're only "representations" of the ancient Sword and Shield.

Anyway, my personal guess on what the RoB can do is that it simply predetermines the outcome of any battle. Since the Bright Shield and Black Sword seem to govern the concepts of defense and offense the RoB could probably use this to either make someone's block unpenetrable or someone's attack invincible.
I would prbably say that the Soul Eater is among the strongest True Runes. But another True rune I consider to be among the strongest would be the Blue Moon rune, which doesn't seem to be the strongest since it requires so many sacrifices to be used, but at the same time the bearer can't be killed by normal means. It's only weakness shown thus far is the Star Dragon Sword.
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!

everlastingsong

Re: the strongest true rune so far?

Postby everlastingsong » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:38 am

l'll vote for Rune of Beginning....

according to : http://gensopedia.duefiumi.com/index.ph ... _Beginning
it's says "that this Rune has the ability to “judge war,” and decide the outcome of any conflict"
from those word we can say that who ever hold this rune has ability to determined the war, which country/army to win and which country/army to lose. and when it come to war it's always come to death, defeated, life and victory.
if there is a battle between Rune of Life and Death vs Rune of Punishment vs other rune. they can struggle as they like but Rune of Beginning can decide it for you. at least that what i think.

he he he he he......


-------------------------------------------
very sorry for my bad english^^

User avatar
xtian3426
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:20 am

Re: the strongest true rune so far?

Postby xtian3426 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:55 am

haha sun rune lol XD i find it funny and destructive XD without the dawn and twilight rune the user may go insane and burn everything into ashes lol
"It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the thousands. I am sublime!!! I am the true face of evil!!!!" - Luca Blight

Lightsource
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:31 am

Re: the strongest true rune so far?

Postby Lightsource » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:58 am

Power is all relative.
We've never really seen a true rune bearer clash with another true rune bearer with the rune's raw power. Tir beats Barbarossa, so does that mean the Soul Eater is stronger than the Sovereign rune?
Riou beats Jowy so is the Bright Shield rune stronger than the Black Sword rune?
In general, the runes work in balance. One rune is stronger then the other but weaker than another but ties with yet another.
The Rune of Punishment can destroy an entire fleet but to do so it drains the life of the user, the Sun Rune can destroy and entire city but without the dawn and twilight rune the user goes insane.

The biggest problem with gauging individual rune powers is we haven't seen how truly powerful some of the runes are. For instance, the Dragon Rune allows dragons to exist in our realm, but it also has physical or magical power as well, as it aids the Gate Rune half in erasing the summoned monsters in SI.
The Soul Eater, which governs life and death is known to be tremendously powerful, but Tir was warned not to unleash it's power for fear of how dangerous and destructive it can be. For all we know, the Soul Eater could make an entire army drop dead in an instant, or the whole world. It also gets stronger with each soul it absorbs, which means even if it isn't the strongest, it could one day overpower the other 26 runes put together.
The Gate Rune which summons monsters from other dimensions could be used to send someone to an empty dimension or one without oxygen.

Also, trying to gauge rune power by in game battle is entirely inaccurate as the RoP is a crappy rune in battle yet we all saw what it does out of battle. The True Fire Rune may have destroyed an army, but that was simply going out of control, what if it's entire power was focused on a single point?
Not to mention we haven't even seen what the Rune of Beginning can do. Are the Bright Shield and Black Sword true representations of the original shield and sword, because that would make them the ultimate defense and offense when combined.

All we can really say for sure is that the runes have the power to change the world, so right now it's too difficult to say which is strongest. Though, if I had to take a wild guess I would say that the runes with the potential to be the strongest are the Rune of Beginning, the Soul Eater, the Sun Rune, and the Sovereign Rune.

Also, I think it should be said that the Sun Rune can't bring people back from the dead, as in Suikoden I where the Gate Rune utilizes the power of the 108 stars of destiny to bring back Gremio, it is once again the power of the stars of destiny that is utilized to revive Lyon.

User avatar
BelcootLymOTP
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:48 pm

Re: the strongest true rune so far?

Postby BelcootLymOTP » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:08 pm

Think of it this way. Each true rune represents a certain aspect of reality, without which the world would not exist, for example, the Beast Rune represents animalistic rage and passion. So each rune has to have at least certain amount of power to be called a 'true rune'. Thinking this way you see that although the True Water rune has no direct offensive power, its power is still immeasurable because it gives you control over all water, think of what destruction you could cause with that, I mean look at Lordlake :!:

Each True Rune has different capabilities, whether offensive or defensive, each one has the power to destroy the world, just not all by force, which is actually very clever of the suikoden producers as this reflects how in war, the best way is not always to charge in headfirst. So as suikoden has taught us, fate is not unchangeable, the so called power of the rune does not depend on the rune or the experience of the bearer, it depends what the bearer uses it for.
*Knock Knock* Who is it? Your DOOM! Don't say your doom! Who answers the door for their doom? You're right.
Basket of Puppies!

bloodpain14
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:42 pm

Re: the strongest true rune so far?

Postby bloodpain14 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:57 pm

Sun Rune is definitely not the strongest. It can scorched city like an intense drought but if its powerful enough none of the Villagers had survived and told the tale.
No Rune User can wield it and even arshtat lost her mind. Sun rune user is killable due to unstable power of the sun rune. It can eliminate foes instantly but there will be always a long cooldown thats why she has been killed. Why Mcdohl/Ted and Lazlo is the strongest. In Suikoden 4 Ted appears meeting Lazlo Afraid of the rune itself he traps himself and then he happens to know the rop of Lazlo and think it's alright to fight as long as Lazlo is around, so he fight once again. Windy wants to claim the souleater that bad in suikoden meaning its one of the most powerful true rune. You could see Mcdohl in Banner Village refusing to use the Soul Eater in Suikoden 2. The souleater must not be use often or worst will happen, That's why Ted entrust it to Mcdohl. SoulEater use abusively=destruction. Rop and Souleater is equal in power because this two powerful rune can go to worst without the presence of both rune. Just like other people said Ted which live 300 and Lazlo for 160+ year. This two is a master swordsman due to their immortal life. Rop is a long range projectile that can kill like thrice the range of modern sniper rifle. Mcdohl never uses the rune because the name implies that no mortal is immune if your soul is taken. They could just surrendered the rune itself like the suikoden 5 hero did. But Lazlo and Ted/Mcdohl carry the burden to wields it, because if the unworthy claims it then destruction is at hand. And Leknaat gave them that to keep the rune and live in the shadows. The second strongest is the True Lightning Rune and the True Wind Rune Story and Gameplay wise. Geddoe is definitely a 100+ years old. Story wise he was the Lightning champion. Flik won't even come close. Even The former Flame champion dies. Geddoe and Luc is second tier. They Survived Longer like Luca Blight said. Survival to the fittest or Dog eat Dog.

If you had played the whole series and unbias about it, the souleater must be protected at all cost. After 300 years, Windy is still interested in it. That's the hint itself why its the strongest.
Rop like Sun Rune it is unstable but Lazlo overcome and became the master of the rune. The reason this is top tier is that it can shoot a long range of beam, caught in it be may be a rune user or true rune user can be killed due to their mortal body. No True rune user=True rune defeated. Ted/Lazlo is the strongest in ability alone. Second is Geddoe if you had played suikoden 3 He never loses to an opponent like the other two rookie.

Top 5 Tier: Sun Rune is not include cause in the story no one can wield it that long. Sovereign no one wields it.
1.Soul Eater and Rop.
2.True Lightning and Wind.
3.True Fire
4.True Godspeed (if you move like a flash can they hit you? and the fact that you wield a gun.)
5.Dawn and Twilight

Weakest is True Swallow rune. Will you do a melee attack in a user who wields a range power.?

If they plan to create the Suikoden 6 They should include all the true rune user and make it the final war between themselves. Brutal it may seems but as long any man wields power peace cannot be attained.


Return to “Plot Questions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests