the strongest true rune so far?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

I am sure this has been said before, but for the most part you would have to say neither of the True Runes are the most strongest. But, if you want to make a reasonable argument then you would most likely have to say the Rune of Beginning is the most powerful.

The reason I say this is because that particular True Rune is meant to symbolize the Sword and Shield of the Creation Myth. Aside from that, the Rune of Beginning has the power to begin and therefore simultaneously has the power to end. I would say that particular ability has limitless possibilities that eclipse the manifestation of actual physical/destructive power.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

The Prophet wrote:I am sure this has been said before, but for the most part you would have to say neither of the True Runes are the most strongest. But, if you want to make a reasonable argument then you would most likely have to say the Rune of Beginning is the most powerful.

The reason I say this is because that particular True Rune is meant to symbolize the Sword and Shield of the Creation Myth. Aside from that, the Rune of Beginning has the power to begin and therefore simultaneously has the power to end. I would say that particular ability has limitless possibilities that eclipse the manifestation of actual physical/destructive power.
True, none of them are stronger than the other, but what about the Rune of Change? I understand it is cover in mystery, but just from reading the little to none information about it, it seems to have quite the potential to be a devastating rune, mentally and physically.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

I think that the all True Runes have tremendous destructive powers based on how they manifest it in the real world and they most certainly have massive impacts on the pysche of their particular bearer. But, the Rune of Change, eventhough it is a mystery, I think its particular powers may not be based much on destruction but evolution similar to how I would see the Cirlce Rune. I think they will more than likely be status based abilities that manipulate people and not necessarily destructive energy.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Perhaps, but so little is known about the rune, except what is on the suikosource site...

Rune of Change
Current Owner: Unknown (Leader of the Sindar)

Past Owners: Unknown

A True Rune representing change that affects all in the universe. The powers of this rune and its whereabouts remain a mystery. However, it is said that the Leader of the Sindars hold this rune, forcing the Sindars to move from place to place as a curse. However, it is said that the Sindars finally found their "eternal city" after their eternal wander.
(The italics text is not my working the credit goes to the suikosource staff)

A rune that affects all in the universe to me may be more than a status or evolution type ordeal. If the rune is exactly as that entry said it is, it is one to be reckon with. But that's my opinion, I believe that the Rune of Beginning is a very powerful true rune when it comes to many capabilities, such as destruction or creation. But lets face it, if you juxtaposed all the runes and compare them, they are different but the same in many ways. They are the gods of the suikoworld, superior in every aspect. I would like to point out a true rune that is superior, but it is simply not possible.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

All True Runes affect all in the universe. So, that is not really a special distinguishing factor to consider if you want to discuss strength. Change is most certainly influential, but it involves a state of being consisting of evolution and constant movement. This is a status of movement. Of course, one can cause change by some physical action but this True Rune simply embodies all change. Without a doubt, it has physical attributes which lead to forcing change, but I believe that essentially its powers hold influence over will and will not focus much on the act of forcing change.

Look at the Sindar, they are not known for destruction, but creation and innovation. They are basically nomads consisting of scholars, the father of alchemy is believed to be a Sindar. Advancement seems to be their primary goal and not devastation. So, that is why I believe it will more than likely not focus on destruction.
Esnow

Post by Esnow »

well in game specs i'll have to say the rune of beginning as it has 8 different skills to use while regular true runes only have 4. well like i said it's just game specs.
kharaa

Post by kharaa »

Souleater baby!
Sabrewulf

Post by Sabrewulf »

Esnow wrote:well in game specs i'll have to say the rune of beginning as it has 8 different skills to use while regular true runes only have 4. well like i said it's just game specs.
That's purely gameplaywise.
In the Suikoden universe some poeples learn to use runes at school, some learn by themself and some don't even try to learn or just lack of affinity with magic. I highly doubt they learn "spells".
It's more like "i want to use some/ a lot/ all the rune's power" and Suikoden IV and V are here to prove us that fact.
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

Esnow wrote:well in game specs i'll have to say the rune of beginning as it has 8 different skills to use while regular true runes only have 4. well like i said it's just game specs.
The Rune of Beginning was never used in any Suikoden game that I know of so where do you get your evidence from?
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
Iku

Post by Iku »

he means bright shield rune+black sword rune (the two components of the rune of beginning!)
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

That doesn't prove anything. It could have 2 spells from the Bright Shield and
2 from the Black Sword or it could have 4 completely unique spells.

Number of spells doesn't equal power. To the Sovereign Rune it all comes to zero. So we are back the theory that each true rune are equal to each other in someway.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
Esnow

Post by Esnow »

Well, that's why I said in game specs only. If you choose to kill Jowy, you'll get 4spells from the bright shield n 4 from the black sword. But I know, it's just purely game specs. In my opinion, all true runes have equal powers but each have their unique powers that counter each other. But I think the Rune of Beginning is very balanced with strong offensive and healing capabilities. If the Sovereign Rune is truly immune to all True Runes, it's a real cheater man. Probably, the only thing that can beat it is sheer man power or unlimited summoning. If Luca Blight had the Sovereign Rune, I think he would pawn anyone as he is almost the strongest human in Suikoworld that I can think of. If he is immune to True Runes, man he'll be a real monster.
kharaa

Post by kharaa »

I'd say the souleater.. just because it has power over life and death..
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

From what one heard and seen I say the Sun Rune, The wearer pretty much controll the sun and perhaps can put the sun out? No Sun means no Life.

Also to prove that the rune is powerful or atleast those who carry it been powerful is to take a look at the Ancient Armes realm which was destroyed when the King went insane
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

I think the True Rune with the biggest disadvantage is the most powerful, offense-wise, and one who doesn't need more than one wearers.

So my vote goes for my avatar. :)