the strongest true rune so far?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
anokosa

Re: the strongest true rune so far?

Post by anokosa »

Shinsengumi wrote:Well, there is a relationship between the moon rune & night rune & the sun rune remember we know fragments of information about the runes .

When sierra was in the dunan unifecation war the moon rune was in her right hand in falena's civil war arshtat had the sun rune on her forehead, i think the night rune can be on the left hand {leave star dragon sword out for now} , lets talk about the powers of the three runes, in falena's books something is mentioned about the sun & night runes
and there past, again not many information is known, in dunan i don't think the night rune is superior on the moon rune at all , there's another explanation the night rune sealled the powers of neclord and the creatures of the night, vampires & so created by the moon rune not the rune itself, my theory circles around the sun,moon,night relationship.

The sun rune reflects some of it's powers to the moon rune and the night rune embraces it.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

anokosa wrote:
Shinsengumi wrote:Well, there is a relationship between the moon rune & night rune & the sun rune remember we know fragments of information about the runes .

When sierra was in the dunan unifecation war the moon rune was in her right hand in falena's civil war arshtat had the sun rune on her forehead, i think the night rune can be on the left hand {leave star dragon sword out for now} , lets talk about the powers of the three runes, in falena's books something is mentioned about the sun & night runes and there past, again not many information is known.
I dont think there is any strange connection between the 3 runes that would you to equip them to your body at once, as one only TR per human body(maybe there is way, but we officially dont know). 2nd: The Moon Rune goes on the right hand, thats just the way it is, not really surprising as many other runes do its a 'normal' True Rune in that sent. The Sun goes on the head, because the rest of it's the family, the dawn and twilight runes, each hand so the wielder could in theory manage the runes in way that does require going them to become all crazy. So the sun goes on the head so you can get the complimentary runes to help keep you balanced..no special connection for moon and night, only to the dawn and twlight, which are parts of The Sun rune anyways...

As for the Night rune..yes the falena book said they're were linked but the the SD Sword kind of broke that connection becuase he found the sun to bright and annoying(not surprising given his personality). so its doubtful you could ever get those two back together again even if you wanted too! But even u could some how attach the night rune to body, Again 2 TR cannot be on the same person so it wont work.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Vermillion.Twilight

Post by Vermillion.Twilight »

Well you would think its the gate runes...but it said Leknaat was powerless to stop Luc. So thats out.

I suppose they all have different uses and its impossible to know for sure.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
jonathan_priest

Post by jonathan_priest »

Vermillion.Twilight wrote:Well you would think its the gate runes...but it said Leknaat was powerless to stop Luc. So thats out.

I suppose they all have different uses and its impossible to know for sure.
The gate rune was only powerless to stop Luc because Leknaat never had full rune. The part Windy had is still unaccounted for. If she had the full rune, it could have been a different story, but who really knows.

I think it all depends on mastery of the rune itself. The True Fire burned for 10 days and destroyed the Harmonian and Grasslands armies, the Sun Rune went out of control and destroyed a country, the True Water Rune went out of control and threatened to spread its power beyond the ruins.

But Luc used the True Wind in control in Suiko 2 and took out a large contingent of the Harmonian army by himself. So in all honesty, I believe when a rune holder has mastery over the rune is when the full potential is realized.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Well you would think its the gate runes...but it said Leknaat was powerless to stop Luc. So thats out.
I think that Leknaat wanted Luc to go all crazy, whihc is why she sent him to help Riou and Tir. She wanted him to see what pain True Runes cause. I ahve always thought of Leknaat as a villian, she would make an amazing final boss. Also, she could in theory find a way to attach two, or she might even know a way.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Nlelith

Post by Nlelith »

I've only played Suikodens 1-4 so I wouldn't know much about the Sun rune.

As for the one's I've played... well I usually asume all True runes are equil in power... but based on my observation, the Rune of Punishment seems to be the most destructive as it's the only True rune that actually turned the tides of the war... ok and maybe also the Gate rune and Dragon rune.

What's interesting tho is how the Bright Shield rune (half a true rune) is arguably stronger than the Soul Eater (true rune) - Forgiver sign vs. Judgemens? Not only does Forgiver sign do more damage, it also fully heals the party, but I guess the gameplay can't really be regarded as official..
conan

Post by conan »

i dont know how anyone can vote against the sun rune. leknaat herself said it proved to be especially powerful of the 27 true runes, and it destroyed and regenerated the entire southern continent at the bearer's will. people are talking about mastery of runes, but arshtat only had the rune for 2 years and was about to repeat the process. the only drawback to that is the loss of sanity, but in terms of pure power i would give it to the sun rune hands down. the thing with the sovereign rune is i believe fire and lightning can hurt it, or else why would all your magic attacks damage its incarnation at the end of part 1, unless that was a mistake by the creators. i think the sovereign runes powers are too unknown to judge it, along with most of the true runes we know. the ones we understand are the elemntal runes, sun, souleater, punishment, and beginning, and even with the rune of the beginning, we dont know the power of the shield and sword combined. if i had 2 guess i would rank sun rune by far at number 1, followed by beginning(sword and shield combined), punishment, the elemental runes, and then the soul eater. the soul eater didnt seem at the level at the rest of the runes, and all the other runes would be purely out of speculation. on a side note, i think zerase with the star dragon sword would be extremely powerful as well.
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

well i cannot choose becoz there are some rune that haven't showed up,
maybe there's a new rune in suiko 6 who knows right?

but i really2 want know bout rune of change(sindar) & Circle rune..
i think this rune of change quite powerfull since in every suikoden series,sindar ruins always been there.. i'm want to know who's bearer it?n what is the connection sindar to the suikoden world?

for Circle rune there's no doubt about it.. i REALLY2 want to know who is hikusaak.. a her0?or a "hero"?
Chaos will suit me just fine
Roupe

Post by Roupe »

I would vote for true & lesser Water rune, it also have done great damage when it berserked. In suikoden 3 it seemed also to have anihalated kingdoms.

Fights are much easier with its healing and it also does quite heavy damage. And it can silence magic.

Think of it this way, what runes would you have in the party?

The Prosperity Rune , Water rune, Fury rune (on fighters), and the Godspeed Rune -would be my picks
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Water doing heavy damage? Yeah, right. And thunder heals.
GrimJim

Post by GrimJim »

In my opinion the strongest rune has been the Soul Eater, none have matched it, theres a certain power to it that just seems to be able to consume anything, having the soul eater is like having Death as your personal bodyguard theres alot doom in that Rune my friends.

Others ones to think about are neclords Night Rune because of the oppertunities that come with Necromancy. Yubbas rune, in one he boosted the imperial army of the Scalet moon empire with thousands of monsters...yeah theres something to that.

Erm the howling wolf rune in two killed everybody in a city so thats a pretty good i guess. I really loved two but i have not the hero...then he got his rune...yea cant tell you how much me n my brother tried to get joeys. :P

But yeah Soul Eater from number one is "A number one"
Rufus

Re:

Post by Rufus »

well I read a part of this but so far what I read noone has said what I feels like the obvious choice.

True wind rune, why? well in the manga of suikoden 3 Luc changes the air pressure around wyatt so he cant breath... cupple mins of that (or how long it takes to suffocate someone) so on a larger scale could kill armys by suffocating them in a matter of mins. with no damage to the envoiment around them or the towns etc. (unless they hold their breath then they can live abit longer but I dont think they can be rdy for such an attack) so think taking a castle without any damaging it or destroying an armada of ships without the need of sinking them. and take them for themself no damage to any gear
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

I gotta say Soul Eater would get my vote, got the ability to reject people, that's bad ass.
Jam-Jul Lison

Post by Jam-Jul Lison »

After reading this entire thread I have realized just how overlooked the True Water Rune is. Yes in the games water runes mostly just heal, cancel some magic and do minor ice damage. But that doesn't mean the True Water Rune is limited to that. It is very well possible that it could cause major flooding, heavy rain and maybe even Tidal Waves. It could even possible even be able to manipulate the water that makes up many living beings. While it is true it isn't going to make big explosions that take out countries. But imagine what massive flooding and lots of tidal waves could do to a nation. You could also potentially freeze crops as well with the rune it seems. Just another fun fact I wanted to bring up. lol.

Another top contender could be The True Earth Rune. Asside from Earthquakes and some protection in battle, imagine what else can be done with this. It can make volcanos erupt. It can create volcanos where there was no volcano before. Trust me Volcanos can come from practicly out of nowhere. It happened in Mexico years ago. You could also create Earthquakes on the ocean floor causing Tsunami's. If someone wielding this rune were to find an old supervolcano waiting to erupt above ground and hasn't erupted in a long time, they could cause it to erupt the the end result could be most of the life on the continent it is on wiped out and the rest of the world stuck in darkness because of the volcanic ash filling the atmosphere creating a kind of nucluer winter. With sunlight blocked out the planet would fall in to an ice age. When you think about this, The True Earth Rune has the highest potential for causing the most damage. lol
tovath

Post by tovath »

Um I think volcanoes are as much Fire as they are Earth.
Yes I am writing a fanfic. How did you guess?