Baths...

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
hugoflamechamp

Baths...

Post by hugoflamechamp »

Does the whole idea of mass bathing in these games disturb anyone else? It just has always been odd to me that all of these rough warriors and what not randomly get naked and bathe together.
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

i think thats how it worked in teh past, at least i think thats how it worked in like, japan.

people still do it today, just not in bathtubs
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

It's a traditional japanese thing to do. Greeks and Romans also bathed together. It is split into gendered baths to eliminate the sexual element. Homosexuality did not have the stigma or wasn't even a consideration back then. Therefore the "disturbing" aka homophobia you are insinuating at would not come into play.

It's like saying "why would anyone take off their pants and stand next to each other at a urinal, that's disturbing". It's just part of the culture, there isn't a sexual element to it in this context.
Night

Post by Night »

Oppenheimer wrote:It's a traditional japanese thing to do. Greeks and Romans also bathed together. It is split into gendered baths to eliminate the sexual element. Homosexuality did not have the stigma or wasn't even a consideration back then. Therefore the "disturbing" aka homophobia you are insinuating at would not come into play.

It's like saying "why would anyone take off their pants and stand next to each other at a urinal, that's disturbing". It's just part of the culture, there isn't a sexual element to it in this context.
When you say "take off their pants"... :shock:
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
hugoflamechamp

Post by hugoflamechamp »

Oh, I'm not really relating a homophobic stimulus to it at all. I have way too many gay friends for that to affect me (in the drama department at work...). I don't know, I've always just considered baths to be a very different entity than showers, so the idea of open showers doesn't bother me nearly as much.

EDIT: You know...the outside baths in Suikoden V aren't split by gender... ;)
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Well...Dont the japanise still have those small vulcanic warmed ponds? Where they bath like that?
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Yeah they do, a friend of mine bathed in one the last time he went to Japan, and said it was pretty damn cool.
Purr.
hugoflamechamp

Post by hugoflamechamp »

interesting, i never realized those things still existed in modern times.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Well, if the idea anoys you, you allways can go to the mix bath with a only-girl party XD (of course i mean in the game)

In all animes there is allways at least one episode in baths, it's called fanservice, don't think too much in it.
eternal_sins

Post by eternal_sins »

Actually they call it a Hot Spring...
Not to mention that Japan is a cold place...
Taking a dip in Hot Spring is one way to heat up your body...
Not just to set up the fireplace and put your hand together...

It also fun to use Hot Spring...
They also have many type of Hot Spring...Co-ed bath?
Memori cinta berbunga
Pun menghinggap di ingatan
Seperti sang merpati di dahan
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya
Namun senyum mu masih... ada...

-Merpati

Sang By: Hady Mirza
Winner Of Singapore Idol 2
www.hady-mirza.com