What is the canon name of the prince's army?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Lord_Amesius

What is the canon name of the prince's army?

Post by Lord_Amesius »

topic.

P.S. Sorry if its been asked before.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

There aren't any canon names for anything.
Lord_Amesius

Post by Lord_Amesius »

Well the Prince has a canon name.

Why not his army?
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Fanon*

There's a difference.
LadyRhia

Post by LadyRhia »

Lord_Amesius wrote:Well the Prince has a canon name.

Why not his army?
The Prince doesn't have an official name yet. From what I hear there's "Faroush" and "Freyajour (Frey for short)" and the name Frey comes from the novels. Konami confirmed an official name yet though.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

LadyRhia wrote: The Prince doesn't have an official name yet. From what I hear there's "Faroush" and "Freyajour (Frey for short)" and the name Frey comes from the novels. Konami confirmed an official name yet though.
None of the heroes have official names (see Raww le Kleuze's post a few above).

If you refer to McDohl and Hero 2 as Tir and Riou, refer to the Prince as Frey/Freyjadour (novel names). But noen of them are official.

As for the army name, it just boils down to "the army hasn't necessarily been named in the novel yet". As far as I understand, the Suikoden V novel is multiple volumes, and not all have been released. Thus, some things are referred to so far (Prince's name), and some aren't (ending, army name).
Lord_Amesius

Post by Lord_Amesius »

i see
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Not quite accurate to say there is no official name, because official novels have given the Tir and Riou name, as well as Freyjadour. In the case of Tir and Riou, these names are used in official Konami sites, so they certainly aren't fanon (including the fact that the names come from the official novel, and were not created by fans).
Amagoi

Post by Amagoi »

Pretty much the closest I've ever found is Royalist. The Royalist Army sounds good on it's own, it's simple, and it works. Plus like I said it's the closest to fanon you'll find until they get to that part in the novel.
soonket

Post by soonket »

i named it loyalist... sounds same but spelling different... lets see who of us is right till the novel is released !!!
Yuber: I look better in black armor and you know it! Why do you make me look like Michael Jackson instead ?!
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Volume 2 appears to have been released, or at least its listed on Amazon (don't know if its for sale). The reviews don't appear to say anything about the army name.
Lord_Amesius

Post by Lord_Amesius »

I'm thinking something like ' The Falenan Liberation Front '.

Sounds good, eh?
Swordmaster

Post by Swordmaster »

What is the newspaper name in all suikogames? i think its a hint for the castle or army names.
Jodan

Post by Jodan »

i called it the dawn army and i was surprised how well it worked
linkerman88

Post by linkerman88 »

i cant remember Hero from SIV got his name ( lazlo ) in Novel or in Suikoden Tactic ? is that the offical name ?
BlueMoonRune... Shine ur Etenal Light upon the Weaklings ...