Children of Dune similarity?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Preston

Children of Dune similarity?

Post by Preston »

After beating this game tonight I came to think this whole tragic story reminded me of a similar path in Children of Dune novel. Any comments?
Night

Post by Night »

Oh crap. Now you've made me want to re-read Children of Dune again to find out what you mean.

And I've been avoiding it so the new books don't disappoint me too badly.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Preston

Post by Preston »

***Spoiler***

Referring to how the story revolves itself around a noble family like in Children of Dune and the enemies around them like:
House Harkonnen = Godwins (Not afraid to show power)
House Corrino = Barums (The plotting they do)

and how I remember one of Arshtat's quote:
"We certainly are not going to allow Godwin to have everything their way." (This of, which plays out as Godwins and/or Barums get what the want like taking over Falena and getting rid of the current Queen and Commander, but in the end, not the way they expected it). This quote leads me to another point of a similarity spoken by Paul in Children of Dune (miniseries) stating:
"They will get what the want, but not the way they like it."

Also, notice that in both Suik V and Children both children (Hero, and Leo) takeout their Aunt in the end?

Notice that the females in Children of Dune and Suik V both are political authorities not males?

Sorry I wasn't as specific as I should have been here. I just thought it was interesting in ways of similar events. Can disagree with me if you like.
kharaa

Post by kharaa »

Children was kinda screwy..

Am I the only one that was surprised that Alia turned out that way?

=( She was such a cute kid too, [spoiler]and she pwned harkonen![/spoiler]