Dawn and Twilight

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yeah your right

I guess we dont have any info then
Night

Post by Night »

KFCrispy wrote:the old books only say Dawn and Twilight were born when Night severed its link to the Sun Rune
Wait, I did what?? :P
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
soonket

Post by soonket »

actually wat i think is... Y is night rune severing its link with sun rune... i mean shouldn't it be moon rune severing its link with the sun rune.... coz moon is opposite with the sun rune... if u get wat i mean.. anyway its just something im wondering n my opinion
Yuber: I look better in black armor and you know it! Why do you make me look like Michael Jackson instead ?!
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

soonket wrote:actually wat i think is... Y is night rune severing its link with sun rune... i mean shouldn't it be moon rune severing its link with the sun rune.... coz moon is opposite with the sun rune... if you get wat i mean.. anyway its just something im wondering n my opinion
Blue Moon Rune exists. Makes people vampires.

They couldn't have a blue moon rune and a moon rune. It's the Night Rune, a.k.a. Star Dragon Sword/Zodiac Sword. End point.
soonket

Post by soonket »

wat i mean is y night rune severing its link instead of blue moon rune...
Yuber: I look better in black armor and you know it! Why do you make me look like Michael Jackson instead ?!
Night

Post by Night »

soonket wrote:wat i mean is y night rune severing its link instead of blue moon rune...
Because the Night rune is connected to the Sun rune, and personally I think the Sun rune sounds far more appropriate than the 'Day rune.' Anyway, the moon and the sun aren't opposites. The sun is a gargantuan flaming ball of gas, and the moon is basically a glorified asteroid that got caught in the Earth's gravity.

So, the sun brings day, which is the opposite of night. Hence the rune names.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
soonket

Post by soonket »

logically the sun is not the opposite of moon but in the folklore they are... if everything in suikoden is view logically then wat could be the explaination of the sun rune controlling the sun ??

Sun rune does sound more appropriate than Day rune as but so is the moon rune as night rune in this case... (In my opinion)
Night

Post by Night »

soonket wrote:logically the sun is not the opposite of moon but in the folklore they are... if everything in suikoden is view logically then wat could be the explaination of the sun rune controlling the sun ??

Sun rune does sound more appropriate than Day rune as but so is the moon rune as night rune in this case... (In my opinion)
Ah, but the main problem is that the Moon rune has already been introduced as having a different role. So I see your point, but they have to fit it in with the story we have so far in the Suikoden world.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Sun can be a source of light (and life)
Night is the absence of Sun
instead of day/night or sun/moon, we can view it as light and darkness, or "shade" (but not holy/darkness type of darkness that has a religious or undead/supernatural aspect).

the Moon can appear during the daytime--these rare occassions are called eclipses. the moon does not cause "night", it is merely the absence of sunlight.

Leknaat said Zerase is known as the bearer of the stars--i think she refers to the actual stars of the sky rather than the SoD.. as her Star Rune deals with cosmic stuff. (she's a--COSMIC GIRL..)
soonket

Post by soonket »

hmm thanks for answering my questions.. i understand now... n btw does that mean dawn n twilight(can it be refer as dusk rune?) is the same as star rune ?? as three of them r not a true rune n is just an unique rune
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

The Dawn and Twilight Runes are different from the Star Rune in the sense that the Dawn and Twilight Runes were made by both the Sun and Night Runes (Dawn and Twilight are the two times where, for a split second, it's neither day or night) when they split.

However the Star Rune is a unique rune born of the Night Rune which is equipped permanently to Zerase (and gives me the opinion that Zerase may be a spawned incarnation of the Night Rune).

So the Dawn, Twilight and Star Runes are similar in that they're all spawned from the Night Rune (some way or another), and they're unique.
eternal_sins

Post by eternal_sins »

How bout saying..

Dawn and Twillight rune are NOT mistaken true rune but a rune
born from a True Rune AND is a Unique. (include Star Rune)

AND,
Dawn and Twillight are time before n after morning or night..
there one more i think...dusk?
:idea:
SO,It like..

Dawn (night turning to morning0daybreak...)
Morning (where sun exsist..)
Twillight (after sunset/period where showing the end of the day..)
Dusk (time JUST before nightfall)
Night (Night...DUH!)

There you have it..
Memori cinta berbunga
Pun menghinggap di ingatan
Seperti sang merpati di dahan
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya
Namun senyum mu masih... ada...

-Merpati

Sang By: Hady Mirza
Winner Of Singapore Idol 2
www.hady-mirza.com
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Twilight can occur during both dawn and dusk although it's more commonly referred to during dusk.
eternal_sins

Post by eternal_sins »

Huh?
What you mean..
Memori cinta berbunga
Pun menghinggap di ingatan
Seperti sang merpati di dahan
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya
Namun senyum mu masih... ada...

-Merpati

Sang By: Hady Mirza
Winner Of Singapore Idol 2
www.hady-mirza.com
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

Post by Wicked_Rune_Bearer »

okay if dawn and twilight aren't true runes that means that the prince never had a true rune, that seems akward seeing as how good the game was and he is the tenkai yet never possissing a true rune. And how can a rune that isn't true choose it's host. you would think that since it doesn't have a imbeded deity or whatever is inside a true rune isn't there, then it wouldn't be able to choose a host.
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Suikoden_Legends