Taking Stormfist - The Arena

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Kirkis

Taking Stormfist - The Arena

Post by Kirkis »

Okay... so, I've read that you can get Richard to wtfpwn Childerich... unfortunately, it seems that I can't for whatever reason? (Was Richard at the original games... like... able to be spoken to and stuff, or is it all just referenced in story, if so, I think that's why I can't get the option to choose Richard, all I'm getting is Zegai & Belcoot).
Belle

Post by Belle »

Don't bring Zegai or Belcoot along. Only Richard. That should do it.

Yes, Richard was at the games. He was the one drugged in the first match, sixth round. When your party first goes after Belcoot, you try to exit the arena. But then a scene plays--it's of the cheater being taken away, and Murad talking about the drugging/anesthetic. If you visit the infirmary after that, you'll see a scene between Richard and Mueller. If you visit the infirmary before that particular scene happens, you'll just see Richard asleep on the bed.

Richard also tells you how he was drugged when you try to recruit him at the Waterfall Basin.
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

Ah, well... I was going to lose with Richard to get the special scene, but, unfortunately, that only happens later on with a little comment in your box, and I figure I could just read the comments on an FAQ on Gamefaqs.

Besides, it seems like the 'right' choice would have been Belcoot anyways for awesome storyline purposes.