Use Sun Rune to stop Godwin ~fomerly:Plot Holes (spoilers)

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

well, yes, after barows steal the dawn rune i sopose the war is imposible to stop :roll:
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i'm replaying the game right now and Arshtat was indeed out of control when she demolished Lordlake. The scene to reference is when you and Kyle are heading back to the castle after taking care of the thugs from Stormfist. Ferid and Arshtat have a private talk.

Arshtat says she kept thinking "I am just..." and that these thoughts were coming out of nowhere--just like two years ago. Ferid then confirms with "The Sun Rune. Just like we thought." Arshtat then talks about the legend and that she didn't believe it at first "But now..."

also, it seems most ppl forget this subtle point, but she didn't wield the Sun Rune to stop the uprising / punish Lordlake, it was to prevent the Godwins from taking advantage of the whole situation.
"But I did it. I lost control. I used it, and I was wrong, completely wrong."
Rai-Jin

Post by Rai-Jin »

That is right.
In one scene Ferid suggests her to take of the Sune Rune but she said she cant or else Godwin would storm for the throne
bla
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

Lucretia suggests that Arshtat should bear the rune in order to keep Marscal away from it.

It is not a plot hole if you couldn't get why certain aspects of the game turned out differently than what you would have liked.

I'm confused by what you mean about giving up. It is obvious why the prince couldn't continue in the games and there was no other opposition against Childerich. Belcoot was disqualified and even if they went to court about chances are they would have been in Stormfist and you know who is supported in Stormfist. A sorry lawyer could have made the argument that Belcoot was drunk. This could fly since all the evidence is circumstantial. Marina and Belcoot like each other so it makes sense why they would cover for each other. The doctor suspects poison but can't prove it. Lyon's testimony is the strongest however they could drag her name through the mud. The fourth being that people would probably say that Belcoot was behaving as if he was intoxicated.

The was very little the royals could do in this situation. The Godwins and Barrow had to much power to nuke either of them would have lead to public discord. To use the Sun Rune at all would have lead to more public disapproval. People would begin to fear the royal family and further support of either of the two factions. The royal family had to make the Godwins trip themselves up in order to successfully strike against them. That was the plan let them get drunk with success and trip them up, but it all went wrong with Alenia's and Zahhak's plus the reappearance of Nether Gate and the Sun Rune running out of control.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

I'm confused by what you mean about giving up. It is obvious why the prince couldn't continue in the games and there was no other opposition against Childerich. Belcoot was disqualified and even if they went to court about chances are they would have been in Stormfist and you know who is supported in Stormfist. A sorry lawyer could have made the argument that Belcoot was drunk. This could fly since all the evidence is circumstantial. Marina and Belcoot like each other so it makes sense why they would cover for each other. The doctor suspects poison but can't prove it. Lyon's testimony is the strongest however they could drag her name through the mud. The fourth being that people would probably say that Belcoot was behaving as if he was intoxicated.
In ancient cultures, the court is composed by the royal family.

A sorry lawyer could tell that Becoot is drunk, but the doctor's exam tells he is just normally sleeping, there are no signs of drinking. They can say lots of things, but they have to back it up.

Even if Marina and Belcoot like each other, there is no proof of that either. They are not married, they are not boyfriend/girlfriend and they've never gone in a single date. She is the waitress in the Inn and he is just a guest. They can only proof this if Marina confess.

They could drag her name in the mud, but that would be hard to do, after all the queen disbanded Nether Gate, it would be hard to believe she would keep members in secret. If she wanted members, them she would simply not disband Nether Gate.

Konami didn't go deep on this simply because it would be boring to prolong Gizel's plot (people already complain about the slow start), but there are good chances that Arshat could declare the final match void.
LadyKarasu

Post by LadyKarasu »

Lyon would never testify about the nature of the poison publically. The royalty wouldn't want to let the public know that they practically adopted a child assassin of Nether Gate, and it would destroy her reputation in Falena. Not a chance.
sunstar25

Post by sunstar25 »

Supposedly Godwin had won the night of the Sun Palace takeover and took control of the country. In due time, Godwin would establish a new form of government and abolish the monarchy and turn Falena into a dictatorship.

They would use the Sun Rune to take over Armes and the neighboring nations.

Question is: Would the Island Nations and Harmonia take all that lying down?