Caesar's dad

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Chris_Lightfellow

Caesar's dad

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

In vol.4 of the manga, are they implying that Mathiu is Caesar's dad? I know his father is George but I was curious if that was the author's (I can't think of the name) interpretation.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

I was always under the impression that his father was Leon o.o;; but what I don't really understand much, is that Mathiu ran a school for children, had no interests in any woman around, or no one around had said anything that they were in love with him or anything, but he died before either Albert or Ceaser could have been born, so the possibility of him being Ceaser's dad is not really possible (correct me if I'm wrong) I think that it might have been a mistranslation or it could have been what the author was wanting. I'm not really sure ~~;;;
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Caesar is the son of Leon' son named George. Mathiu is George's cousin.

The book didn't mention his father by name now, did it?
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

Not that I know of. Gosh I always thought that Leon was the dad of Albert and Ceaser ~~;;;

Wait, if Leon had a son named George, then wouldn't Mathiu be his uncle? since Leon and Mathiu are brothers? Cousins are my mom having me and my aunt having kids so her kids and my mom's kid, myself, are cousins.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Leon was Mathiu and Odessa's uncle.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

patapi wrote:Caesar is the son of Leon' son named George. Mathiu is George's cousin.

The book didn't mention his father by name now, did it?
No, he just calls him,"My father, the tactician". He says that his father told him, "A tactician must sometimes choose between winning more battles or watching out for his men.", which kinda sounds like something Mathiu would say. The picture that is supposed to be his father looks a lot like Mathiu. The pic is when Hugo and Caesar ride Fubar to take a look at the Harmonian army. I'm sorry if I'm making a big deal about nothing....
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Even though the question pertains to the manga, it's still a plot question rather than a question about the collectable (manga) itself, so I'm moving this to the plot questions board.
Philweasel

Post by Philweasel »

Leon looks quite a bit like Mathiu, bar the 'tash and hair. It's not inconceivable that an uncle and cousin could bare such a close resemblance.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

Didn't SAR's page have a picture of George? Or was that unofficial? and Leon and Mathiu look nothing alike. Leon has a fuzzy mustache and Mathiu doesn't besides that, Leon looks more scruffy, his facial features are also much different.