Suikoden Tactics lazlo question

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Wraith

Suikoden Tactics lazlo question

Post by Wraith »

So I bought Suikoden Tactics from E-bay. I bought an NTSC version since its cheaper and I can't find any PAL versions on either E-bay or shops. But when i tried to load S4 completion data it wouldn't work! Then I remembered that PAL saves don't work on NTSC games. That means I won't get Lazlo and Snowe dousn't it?

Reason I've put this in plot questions is that I'd like to know what I'l miss exactly. And/or there is another way to get LAzlo.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Lazlo's on the desert island later on the game. He's a very powerful mage and his Rune of Punishment wipes out the enemy very fast. He also has a lot of hits he can do consecuatively. Plus, except for the Japanese version, he can't be permanently killed. Oh and he's a wind element.

Snowe isn't very useful in my opinion. He can ride Kangacorns but he's rather weak and I lost him often. He is a water element though which is useful for when you cast drops of kindess on him, then he's standing on his element.

There's no real plot for those two. Lazlo just hunts on the island and so you go find him and help him hunt and he just joins you because.

Snowe is hunting furballs in the back alley and if you help him he joins too.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

To answer the second part of your question; No, there's no alternative method, cheat devices aside, to get Lazlo.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Hawk

Re: Suikoden Tactics lazlo question

Post by Hawk »

Plot-wise, or at least character understanding-wise, I thought it was pretty interesting for the silent protagonist of the forth game to... speak. (I know he did in the first chapter as well, but it just didn't seem as strange then.) I'd hadn't really thought of him as being... such a simple person? o.O Someone who is just satisfied with a life of fishing. I thought of him as having more ambition than that, or at least of being someone who ends up with an important position despite his own protesting.

It just seemed weird, given that the reason the protagonists are officially nameless is because the player is supposed to determine what sort of person the protagonist is, that they would allow him his own speech. I figured, somehow, all of his dialogue would be '...'. (Or random declarations of war? =X)
Occam Arkitect

Re:

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Oppenheimer wrote:Plus, except for the Japanese version, he can't be permanently killed.
No way! Ugh..just when I thought of doing a complete Rhapsodia file...do know by ay chance where I could find the jap-US differences? Or do you know some more?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

he can't die in any version of Rhapsodia. it's not japanese-only.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Lazlo can die in the original Japanese release, unfortunately.
That was the source of the little (now forgotten) fan complaint about how his rune never transferred to anyone else in-game upon his death.