Who holds the True Wind Rune

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

Serpent wrote:
Sickpup wrote:I have a theory that Nash has something to do with the TWR missing. Not much to base it on excpt for Nash worked under Harmonia, and it said he was gone exactly when the final battle ended.
I think Nash is just good at being gone from the scene exactly when the situation ends. He's a Spy afterall.
That's true, but Nash had a pretty good relationship with Chris and some other people. And the person Nash has to report to was one of the SoD's. So he had no reason to just dissapear RIGHT when the fighting ended.

Those are just the reasons I form that theory. I am probably dead wrong though.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

What does being close to Chris have anything to do with him being a potential cannidate for the rune? It was part of his mission. He did it. True runes pick who they like. But there is absolutely no hint given to that matter. Sure he kinda disapears... kinda common. We've seen the heroes often go traveling afterward (with Thomas being the exception) or even Flik and Viktor who are SOD's who left and nobody knew they were alive at the start of the second game. After the second game they leave yet again. In Nash's case it is hardly out of character at all for him to just leave. Suikogaiden established that a bit.

Heck, I've seen a better case made for Thomas with his high affinity for wind magic and the oh so common "he's the one tenkai without an original rune" Do I think that is necessarily true, no. But it at least uses some of the information from the game to back it up.
Ska_Kitti

Post by Ska_Kitti »

SV Spoiler removed. Wouldn't the TWR just go back to a holding area in Harmonia somewhere? I don't remember much about GS3, but wasn't the Water rune being held in that forest village? I think the TWR might follow suit somehow.

This isn't a Suikoden V thread, DO NOT post Suikoden V info here -op
"Oh my! A giant woman."
"What did you just call me?"
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

I don't know why the wind rune would go to Harmonia. As for the water rune, Jimba had it at the time of Suikoden III, it later passed to Chris.
Alayna

Post by Alayna »

Well, Sasarai was from Harmonia, and did work for them til Luc replaced him.. he might stay loyal and take the Rune back to Harmonia.
That's why if Konami ever makes a Suikoden that happens after III (not like IV and V), it'll be VERY interesting as so many True Runes are together (Water, Wind, Earth, Fire)...
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

There were other matters to worry about than Harmonia's orders at that time. The possibility of a continent being obliterated took a bit of a priority over gathering the rune. And again, self preservation is a trait just about all organisms have.

Even later, considering the twins' background, I am willing to bet that tension is almost probable. You don't find out you more or less exist to hold a rune and not have some issues. Knowing what would possibly be done with a rune brought back to harmonia, he probably has little interest in bringing it back. The ruins being destroyed works as a cover and honestly who wants to go searching through that area for it.

In terms of a post Suikoden III game having a lot of true rune together, it only works if it occurs on the same continent. Why would Hugo get invovled in a conflict thast doesn't affect him or Chris for that matter? Geddoe is pretty much up in the air. Sasarai would show up if Harmonia ends up involved in some way. There are other countries as well as the unexplored western continent which would almost certainly involve a very different set of runes than those on the continent of the first three games.