True Runes mvoing from severed hands?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Joel

True Runes mvoing from severed hands?

Post by Joel »

As you all know, when somebody holding a True Rune dies it movies to another host on it's own, right? Well I always wondered, what would happen if somebody with a True Rune on the right hand, and normal runes on the forehead and left hand goes into battle and gets his right hand cut off at the wrist? Would the Rune go to another host or move to his forehead or other hand by removing the rune currently occupying those?
Official Lyon X Miakis fanboy.
Philweasel

Re: True Runes mvoing from severed hands?

Post by Philweasel »

Joel wrote:As you all know, when somebody holding a True Rune dies it movies to another host on it's own, right? Well I always wondered, what would happen if somebody with a True Rune on the right hand, and normal runes on the forehead and left hand goes into battle and gets his right hand cut off at the wrist? Would the Rune go to another host or move to his forehead or other hand by removing the rune currently occupying those?
Didn't the bad guy from Suikoden 4 do that? I believe it instantly jumped to his son, though I doubt there's any definitive answer. A true rune does whatever it damn wants.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Didn't the bad guy from Suikoden 4 do that? I believe it instantly jumped to his son, though I doubt there's any definitive answer. A true rune does whatever it damn wants.
Pretty much. Some True Runes would just dissapear. Or it could stay on it as well(remember the skeleton hand in Obel?).
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Yes and we can't talk about Suikoden V here, but that was different as well.

Basically true runes can do whatever they please.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

A True Rune can go anywhere on the body, Leknaat has her half of the Gate Rune on her chest, despite the fact gameplay wise its only head, right hand and left hand which can be used to equip runes.

The Rune of Punishment is specifically meant to be borne on the left hand to emphasise the fact it is a cursed Rune, however other True Runes, especially if the bearer has mastery over the True Rune may just relocate itself somewhere else on or in the bearers body.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Felenan Prince

Post by Felenan Prince »

Huh? the rune of punishment is suppose to be bore on the left hand? but if that was true how the hell was Cray suppose to equip it?
Seth the Dark

Post by Seth the Dark »

Well wasn't that Cray's hand past the Ruins of Obel were Rikgi and Rakgi were?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Felenan Prince wrote:Huh? the rune of punishment is suppose to be bore on the left hand? but if that was true how the hell was Cray suppose to equip it?
Craig cut of his left arm when he had the Rune of Punishment so that it would leave him.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

The True Rune could probably transfer itself to the other hand. But it probably feels so insulted that it was cut off, that it just leaves that person alone.

I'm serious about that. To an extent.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
Sorcy

Post by Sorcy »

why cut the entire hand off, why not just the little bit of flesh the rune is on :P
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Well that wouldn't be effective, the True Rune would probably just relocate to another part of the left hand being the Rune of Punishment.
However it is interesting as to whether a True Rune would stay with its bearer if the bearer had suffered an amputated or severed limb in a battle.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Lourde Incarnadine

Post by Lourde Incarnadine »

I think it depends on the Rune; they're at least quasi-sentient, and capable of choosing to stay or go at will and, for the most part, of going wherever they please. Anything more would probably be due to either the individual nature of the Rune (for example, a restless Rune might be more likely to hop around from bearer to bearer than another one would) or outside circumstances (like if it had been sealed or something).

This does raise sort of interesting question, though- do we have any idea how sentient the True Runes ARE?
Alex Delferia

Post by Alex Delferia »

Tsk, I can't believe I didn't see that thread when I made mine...
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

If I remember correctly...if you maximize Geddoe's runes and bring him to FC hideaway...and you make him the FC...his True lightning rune is replaced and he is given the true fire rune. While I realize nobody can bear two true runes...the runes seem to have some system of taking the place of another rune.
Alex Delferia

Post by Alex Delferia »

Indeed. But as a side-note, I always thought Geddoe'd best keep the True Lightning Rune anyways.