About the best ending...SPOILER

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Felenan Prince

About the best ending...SPOILER

Post by Felenan Prince »

I've been wondering about the best ending. Why were people like Mascral,Gizel,Alenia etc shown there? These were people who caused this civil war. I might understand sialeeds but never would i expect mascral to be in that vision/or what ever it is.
MightyDustLoop

Post by MightyDustLoop »

It was showing them all congratulating the Prince. For bringing out the true element of the Sun Rune and putting its destructive power at bay.

In the end, no one was really all that bad. They were simply corrupted by the Sun Rune's promise of power. And you've also got to realize even with powerfiends like Marscal, his wife and other relatives were eliminated in the bids for power as well. Before then, his intentions may very well have been good. He was said to have at least shown some heroic tendencies when Armes had invaded in the past.

Even the nobles probably started with good intentions, but when you're in a bid for power, it's hard not to be corrupt and distort the younger family members with that viewpoint as well. It's an inescapable cycle, especially with something like the Sun Rune complete with its troubled history involved. An irresponsible wearer can destroy a continent, and if my life was hinged on that rune I'd rather be the one wearing it myself.

It just goes back to the classic "Power Corrupts, and Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely" saying. These people were really probably good people under the influence of that rune's power, even if it was just the act of being enamored by it.