Rune Bearer's - do they live FOREVER? Or just...

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Choooo

Post by Choooo »

The Village of the Hidden Rune could be anywhere, because so many towns in Suikoden have such clever and original names...
thecontrivance

Post by thecontrivance »

Why was Viktor in Gregminster when he knew he was the on of the most wanted criminals in the land?

When was this stated as such?
:) The Very first game, my friend, near the beggining. Have you played the Suikoden 1?
Did OJ do it?

What is OJ?
This was an OJ Simpson joke, my friend. Thought you'd catch on :lol: :lol: :lol:
Where was the Village of the Hidden Rune?

Reminds me of Gordius Village and the Black Dragon Isle. There is no real need to rush revealing their locations, they will come to us when the time is right.
You make sound like we are loosing our virginity
The Village of the Hidden Rune could be anywhere, because so many towns in Suikoden have such clever and original names...
Their "originality" is what got them killed :lol: :lol: :lol: (thats not funny :( ) )

Windy: What a lovely young man you are there...Have we met before

Viktor: Like hell we have!!

Windy: Anyway, we're here for the treasure

Grandpa: What treasure

Windy: don't play stupid with me old man! I happen to know that this is called, "The Village of the Hidden Rune." Now be a good old man and hand it over....You wouldn't want anything bad to happen to your little village would you?

Grandpa: Like hell I'll hand it over.....

Their originality is what gave them over in the end. "Tegoi Village" or somthing like that would have been a better choice.
EDIT by Red Killey: This member is already banned.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

thecontrivance wrote:
Why was Viktor in Gregminster when he knew he was the on of the most wanted criminals in the land?

When was this stated as such?
:) The Very first game, my friend, near the beggining. Have you played the Suikoden 1?
Where exactly? Unless he was a most wanted criminal because he was a rebel, I don't recall such a statement. Ain Gide and all the other Imperial officers took zero notice of this "most wanted criminal of the land", it seems.
Where was the Village of the Hidden Rune?

Reminds me of Gordius Village and the Black Dragon Isle. There is no real need to rush revealing their locations, they will come to us when the time is right.
You make sound like we are loosing our virginity
I guess you still got it? That's too bad.

You missed the point.
thecontrivance

Post by thecontrivance »

Where exactly? Unless he was a most wanted criminal because he was a rebel, I don't recall such a statement. Ain Gide and all the other Imperial officers took zero notice of this "most wanted criminal of the land", it seems.
He was one of the top officials in the ever so rebelious Liberation Army
I guess you still got it? That's too bad.

You missed the point
Loss it in the 8th grade( not that its any of your business)........ But I got the point, you just made it sound like a parent talking about sex to their child :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

thecontrivance wrote: He was one of the top officials in the ever so rebelious Liberation Army
Well, Odessa was infamous. She was the leader and the one that riled the generals and officials. Everyone else was just someone underneath her.

In fact throughout the entire second game you have these references between him and Flik. Nobody knows Viktor but rather Flik. Everyone knows of the Blue Lightning. Viktor might as well just be the hangalong in terms of fame.
thecontrivance

Post by thecontrivance »

In fact throughout the entire second game you have these references between him and Flik. Nobody knows Viktor but rather Flik. Everyone knows of the Blue Lightning. Viktor might as well just be the hangalong in terms of fame.

Damn!! Never played two..but I do know he bacame a famous Swordsman towards the end of one( even if it was only within the Liberation Army itself ).

I remember what Mathiu said about him at the end of the Lorimar Campaign. He said that the movement was under a big handicap with Viktor gone(he went back to his village for a while, but I dont know how long.)

Now someone as strong and bold as Viktor being a hang a long? And the army being at a disadvantage with him gone? Nah.. that's hard to believe :? :? :?
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

thecontrivance wrote: Now someone as strong and bold as Viktor being a hang a long? And the army being at a disadvantage with him gone? Nah.. that's hard to believe :? :? :?
Your claim is that Viktor was a rather feared outlaw. I simply am pointing to evidence through the games that Viktor's name is hardly out there. It says nothing about him as a character but simply that Odessa and even Flik had a greater share of fame and infamy and certainly the better name recognition.

Even in the third game, he's pretty much the guy who suckered Edge into taking the Star Dragon Sword. Had he been widely known and feared, it would have been noted on recruiting Edge on who this guy was blah blah blah.

Viktor's not useless and is even relevant to the plot. But he just is not well known. Same with some True Rune Bearers. Some deliberately kept rather low key such as Ted. He actively tries to hide his rune for 300 years and distances himself from people as a result of the curse of the Soul eater. Other rune beareres are relatively well known/respected leaders such as the leader of the Dragon's Den, and Harmonia. The traditional position of the Tenkai star is really in that the kid inadvertantly ends up in affairs much larger than he is. With the exception of the fifth game, the hero rises from pretty much out of nowhere.
thecontrivance

Post by thecontrivance »

Even in the third game, he's pretty much the guy who suckered Edge into taking the Star Dragon Sword. Had he been widely known and feared, it would have been noted on recruiting Edge on who this guy was blah blah blah.

He didn't sucker Edge into getting the SDS. He diliberatly gave it to him, because Edge had a similar problem in his village.

All I'm saying is that he's not International, but still has a bit of fame. I bet if he walked into Gregminster right now , he would be treated as a Jay-Z or a Jay Leno or a Regis. They wouldn't notice him at first, because its been 18 years. But he be reckonized as an icon. NO! he is not Hikasuuk, not Tir, not Lino En Kuldez, not the Flame Champion but he got respect 8) 8) 8) 8)
IAS

Post by IAS »

History will say Flik Blue Lighting and his revels companions or so...

But actual thing is Viktor and the star dragon sword are the team, and then comes Flik whit all hi Oddesa problems...

And don't forget that Viktor was for a time a kind of a true rune bearer.
Swords, staffs, crystals... everything you need for your revolution right here for some bits!!!
thecontrivance

Post by thecontrivance »

I didnt understand a word you just said. Can you refrase that plz, with better gramar........
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

thecontrivance wrote:I didnt understand a word you just said. Can you refrase that plz, with better gramar........
Better spelling and grammer eh? That's what is called an ironic statement.

And, for the second time, stop using so many emoitcons in a row. It's just damn annoying.

AND ever since you started with your "untold stories" post this thread has gone wildly off topic. This thread is about true rune bearers and their immortality, not Viktor's prison record.
thecontrivance

Post by thecontrivance »

Better spelling and grammer eh? That's what is called an ironic statement.

And, for the second time, stop using so many emoitcons in a row. It's just damn annoying.

AND ever since you started with your "untold stories" post this thread has gone wildly off topic. This thread is about true rune bearers and their immortality, not Viktor's prison record.
Geez, you are watching me like the CIA....... It's because I'm black isn't it? :lol:

Anyway.... where were we before we got off topic? (in 1898)
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

We were on about Rune Bearer's and their agelessness before your rubbish attempt at funny drove the train off the tracks and killed all the adorable widdle passageners.

Still, anyone wanna explain how the Water Rune kept Jimba alive in III?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The part of the True Water Rune he kept on his person was the part that kept him from aging.
Sagiri

Re:

Post by Sagiri »

Wraith wrote:
lemonrumbler wrote:er...perhaps the term immortal was a bad choice...

I guess this means a rune bearer (ie Chris, Hugo and Geddeo) will only die once their killed or have their rune taken away?

Also does this mean that all the characters WILL possibly appear again? I get a sense that the final game (if indeed the series does end) might have all the true runes "come together"...(?)

In theory that is possible but unlikely. Though it is likely that all True Runes will reappear, possibly born by other people. But Riou and Jowy will die of old age, their runes don't grant agelessness since they arn't really True Runes.
(shoot i love those two)
Do you suppose maybe they will just age more slowly because their runes are halves of a true rune?
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.