Rune Bearer's - do they live FOREVER? Or just...

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Immortality

Post by patapi »

thecontrivance wrote:
Or if someone poisons you
Their immune to that kinda stuff. Remember when Elenjor gave Lazlo that poison? What happend? He was just sitting there like nothing happend, with those ET eyes.... :shock: Will never happen
That was not poison.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Their immune to that kinda stuff. Remember when Elenjor gave Lazlo that poison? What happend? He was just sitting there like nothing happend, with those ET eyes.... Shocked Will never happen
Ever played S1? Tir got poisoned by those Mountian Bandits.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I thought it was Ted, not Tir. I personally think it was a lapse of thinking on Murayama's part, since it shouldn't have affected him.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Jowy Atreides wrote:I thought it was Ted, not Tir. I personally think it was a lapse of thinking on Murayama's part, since it shouldn't have affected him.
Nah, Ted's already in Windy's clutches at that point. He's on about Mt. Tigerwolf when Ledon poisons your party.
thecontrivance

Post by thecontrivance »

Ever played S1? Tir got poisoned by those Mountian Bandits.
Konami was just not thinking ahead, like they do on alot of stuff. Its not supposed to have any effect on him at all.....
That was not poison.
O yes it was :D Here, read this from Elenor's profile on this website.
Elenor drugged them and then attempted to discover what they wanted. Seeing Lazlo resist the drug, she promised to help him if he would fetch a greeb bottle and a seal from a cave behind the house.
And why did he resist it? (cough) O!! sorry about that...(cough)true rune bearer(cough)(cough)
EDIT by Red Killey: This member is already banned.
Rent Cavalier

Post by Rent Cavalier »

Maybe that was unique to the Punishment Rune?
thecontrivance

Post by thecontrivance »

:D :D Yup the Rune of Punishment. Prancing aroung curing desieses, adopting 3rd world country orphans, being a good Christian citizen and eliminating all forms of temptation(especially drunkeness) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just joking with you..... But why just the Rune of Punishment? Why not all runes? All True Runes are supposed to make you immortal. Immortals are immune to those kind of human weaknesses, thus it just dosent fit right?
riou83

Post by riou83 »

The runes dont make you immortal, they simply slow down, stop the aging process. They dont prevent you from dieing because didnt the wind rune only finally leave Luc after his death.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

True runes age the bearer up to the point that THEY WANT IT, meaning the rune decides what age the bearer will be and then after that the bearer will remain agless until the rune is removed from him

True runes also prevent the bearer from geting diseases and being sick in general
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

True runes also prevent the bearer from geting diseases and being sick in general
I can agree that they won't get sick by bacteria and stuff but I still beleive poisons work against them. Maybe they have a better defence against it but they havn't officially said that the Mountain Bandit incident was a lapse of judgement yet(they might give another explenation) so True rune bearers are not immune to poisons at this moment.

Can True Rune bearers get drunk?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yeah I agree poisons and unatural stuff probably still work

NATURAL sickness and viral infections are really what I was getting at, we know rune bearers can die by unatural means{a gun, a knife ect ect} so yea I dont expect the rune to instantly remove poison thats been put into there bodies

maybe the rune can slowly help heal the poison{like medicine does} but it deffenetley cant protect the bearer from unatural diseases and poisonings
thecontrivance

Post by thecontrivance »

Konami should seriously think of coming out with a ," ALL THE UNTOLD LITTLE STUFF ABOUT SUIKODEN." Kind of like that questionire page on suikox.com so we wont have to argue about stuff. They'd make at least a decent amout of money..... :?
Choooo

Post by Choooo »

Then they'd have nothing to back into for future games.
thecontrivance

Post by thecontrivance »

Then they'd have nothing to back into for future games.
Not necesarily, I mean little facts that they'd never answer in a game like,

Why was Viktor in Gregminster when he knew he was the on of the most wanted criminals in the land?

How do the Alma Kinan reproduce?

The official names of the Tenkais ?

Did OJ do it?

Where was the Village of the Hidden Rune?

You know stuff they'd never plan on explaining in a video game.....
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

thecontrivance wrote:Why was Viktor in Gregminster when he knew he was the on of the most wanted criminals in the land?
When was this stated as such?
The official names of the Tenkais ?
They have already made a statement in the past that they purposely gave NO name to the Tenkai Stars to allow players to better associate themselves with the heroes. In other words: there are NO official names. Period.
Did OJ do it?
What is OJ?
Where was the Village of the Hidden Rune?
Reminds me of Gordius Village and the Black Dragon Isle. There is no real need to rush revealing their locations, they will come to us when the time is right.