Is Neclord's invinciblity derived from a rune?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
The n00b Avenger

Is Neclord's invinciblity derived from a rune?

Post by The n00b Avenger »

Topic says it all

The game states that it is but I've heard lots of respected people in terms of knowledge state otherwise
Yoonathan

Post by Yoonathan »

I think basically the rune was super powerful, but everything has it weaknesses. All true rune bearers are immortal, but Neclord seemed invincible in most of the battles. I would say right now the Blue Moon Rune is the most powerful rune, mostly because like how Neclord used it.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

yeah it was the rune and Sierra is more powerful than neclord in my opinion.... and she looks good
Lourde Incarnadine

Post by Lourde Incarnadine »

I'd say "yes and no". I think the Rune played a factor, but some of it was probably just Neclord's own skill; his abilities were probably being amplified by the Rune. Any vampire with the Blue Moon Rune probably has the capacity for those mad dodging skills, but I don't think that it just automatically GIVES them those skills.
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

Post by Wicked_Rune_Bearer »

i'm surprised no one has said this but he's only invicible to normal weapons. Remember you have to attack him first with the star dragon sword so that it nullifies the rune and so that it becomes possisble to attack and injure neclord. So he is invincible until he gets hit by the star dragon sword.
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Suikoden_Legends
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

thta's because the SDS isnt a weapon. its an incarnation of the Night Rune, a true rune. so, normal weapons and magic dont affect him. True Runes do.
Iris

Post by Iris »

Hmm, I think the Blue Moon Rune may have had a part to play in his near-invincible status. In the first game, he's invincible until Viktor attacks, while in the second, he's not, IIRC, after Sierra took the Rune back. Neclord was obviously powerful considering he managed to steal the Rune in the first place, and the Rune seemed to have definitly amplified it, but not to the point where he couldn't be beaten.
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

Going back to Neclord having alot of skill remember he has been around for 1000's of years so yeah he's gonna kow a trick or two but it's true that he is only affected when atacked by SDS (reincarnation of Night Rune) because it affects his own rune thiswas stated by Kahn Marley in Suikoden II.
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!
jbd86es

Re: Is Neclord's invinciblity derived from a rune?

Post by jbd86es »

Have we seen any other vampires in the series? I've played Suikoden 1, 2, and 3. I believe there are some encounters with vampires in Suikogaiden; how do they compare to Sierra and Neclord, without any Rune?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re:

Post by KFCrispy »

Iris wrote:Neclord was obviously powerful considering he managed to steal the Rune in the first place, and the Rune seemed to have definitly amplified it, but not to the point where he couldn't be beaten.
the rune was placed in the middle of the Blue Moon Village, so it probably wasn't difficult to steal.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Then Sierra never bore the actual Moon Rune on her body? Not even after she reclaimed it from Neclord? I thought the rune not being usable in Suikoden II was simply gameplay limitation.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

well we don't know for sure if Sierra never ever bore the rune

but yeah the setup in the village was that the rune was placed somewhere public

i believe that it always followed that the vampires in the village feeds from the rune's power

couldn't exactly imagine it if the rune was on Sierra

at least in a wholesome way ^_^
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

My understanding was Sierra bore the rune until she could master it and turn it from the blood lust to the compassion side.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Didn't Sierra escape to the forests because she bore the rune and can't control it??

........If yes.....then did she remove the rune from her to place it at the center of BLV??? How?
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
abs

Post by abs »

why did sierra not age when neclord stole the rune from her?