The Sun Rune's alignment?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Jowy Atreides

The Sun Rune's alignment?

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Assuming that the True Runes are all aligned to either 'Order' or 'Chaos' (with some exceptions), it doesn't seem to be hard to imagine that the Sun Rune is completely and wholly aligned with 'Order'. The speeches Arshtat gives while under its control point at this, and so does the Godwin's reasoning for eliminating the Dwarves and Beavers. That, along with their bewitchment by the Sun Rune, of course. Just that I'd point this out and see what folks have to say.
Suiko-Source

Post by Suiko-Source »

I can agree with this observation to an extent.

The power to give life or devestate life can clearly be applied to a "order" way of thinking whereas "chaos" is moreso destructive and not really constructive.

I love how the runes in this series can take on dual aspects as opposed to either or... Ultimately it is up to the person to see it as how they wish. One perception does not create truth. Many perceptions began to give you a insight.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I hadn't thought about it but I think I completley agree with you, the sun rune deffinetley seems to be alligned to order and do you think that was the reason godwin could control it?
Suiko-Source

Post by Suiko-Source »

No. Godwin could in fact control the rune. He just didn't bore it. This was proven when he melted the glacier and attempted to wipe out the rebel army in the final siege.

Naturally he wouldn't have had full access to it's power, but he still had some control. Similar to Alenia i imagine.

In respect to the "order" alignment, i think it really depends on how you wish to see the rune's power. It can really do either or in terms of destruction and restoration.
Last edited by Suiko-Source on Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

It seems more like the Godwins found some Sindar texts that 'taught' them how to use the Sun Rune. It's implied, at least. It would be a nice addition if the Godwins were allowed to use the Sun Rune because they would further its goals, however.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

And again the Order/Chaos division theory of the true runes strike again. Until I get a satisfactory explanation of how the "oddly" numbered five Elemental Runes and the supposedly neutral Rune of Beginning fit this mould, I wouldn't bother with the other True Runes.

On Godwin using the Sindar techniques to use the Sun Rune, it should be somewhat similar to what Sarah did with those runes in Suikoden III, albeit to a much lesser extent. Using their powers without actually bearing them.
Eyedol

Post by Eyedol »

Yes, the Sun Rune is definetely governed by Order.

Interestingly, though, Order is represented by the Sword in Suikoden's creation myth ... whereas Shield is Chaos; it's funny that it is so, given how Sword seems more destructive than a Shield. (That, or I inverted the roles ... I'm sleep drunken.)

But if we were to follow the True Rune editorial here on Suikosource, I'd say Sun Rune is aligned with Ethos.
son_michael wrote:I don't understand why I need so much evidence to speculate about something
Wraith wrote:I find it rather annoying to need so much support in order to speculate.
You aren't your post count.