The Sun Rune and the Queen *** spoilers ***

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Suiko-Source wrote:However this would also lend alot of weight to the theory that nobody knew that the lesser runes (dawn and twilight) could control the Sun rune because then i'm sure that Arshtat would not have even needed to bear the Sun rune in the first place. She could have simply ensured that the lesser runes were reachable if Godwin did steal the Sun rune.
Also the key phrase here is that nobody knew the function of the lesser runes for sure.

The Falenan Queens, while having traditionally been blessed by Dawn and Twilight Rune through the ritual, are strongly discouraged from bearing the Sun Rune on their bodies. It's what they believed in, at best.

Lymsleia was obviously rejected because she didn't complete the rituals properly. She never bore either of the Dawn or Twilight Runes before becoming a Queen, like Arshtat did.
Felenan Prince

Post by Felenan Prince »

Actual Oboro didn't say 30 years, he said 30 GENERATIONS.

That would probably be the reason the knowledge was lost. Also that might explain Viki saying "is that place still around"
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

patapi wrote: Lymsleia was obviously rejected because she didn't complete the rituals properly. She never bore either of the Dawn or Twilight Runes before becoming a Queen, like Arshtat did.

I thought lym went to the west palace and did the ritual...she didn't? if she didn't then that perfectly explains why she couldn't bear the sun rune
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

She didn't get to bear the Dawn Rune during the East Palace ritual anyway, so she's already out of luck by then. Poor girl.
Suiko-Source

Post by Suiko-Source »

30 generations would definitely explain why the knowledge was lost.

I misinterrpreted what oboro stated in regards to years and not generations.

As for Lym, well i already suspected that bearing the D/T runes were a prequisite for the sun rune. It wasn't a shock to me when she couldn't bear the Sun Rune.