The writer of Old Book 2 in Suikoden 2

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

malicesoul wrote:What happened to the Rune cannons anyway? How did they lose the technology to make them? Sorry, I don't know if this is been explained in the game at all.

True Rune Cannons. That would be awesome. Imagine True Beast Rune Cannon. How would that look? Shoot a giant wolf at the enemy!

You destroyed the source of the Rune Cannon Ammunition at the end of Suikoden IV, when you destroy the Living Tree of El-Eal. It is for this reason why Warlock tells you he cannot make any more Rune Cannons, when you recruit him, he had already sold the Living Tree.

I actually thought the Rune Cannons themselves had been taken out. I can't believe King Lino had the shortsight of keeping such dangerous objects as a "bluff" when he knew the other use the Rune Cannons had. Heck, I'm wondering why no one has yet found out that the Rune Cannons can be modified into another weapon.
Hmm...
malicesoul

Post by malicesoul »

Maybe it wasn't King Lino himself, but one of his successers that decided to use the cannons as a bluff. Lino's been dead for about 150 years remember
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

You can argue that he wasn't, but the fact he allowed them to remain in existence, instead of actively pursue their destruction shows either a lack of foresight over the eventual redicovery of the Evil Eyes, or that he believed having some in case of emergency was a necessity. The fact he had seen firsthand the dangers of them during his travels with Kyril should have convinced him to destroy every single one of them. But he didn't.
Hmm...
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Even so, does that mean that preserved ammunition or old Rune Cannons would still work?

I'm interested as to the significance of this tree and if it bears any relation to the Tree that Rune Cannon ammunition is made from.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
malicesoul

Post by malicesoul »

hmm....I gotta play Rhapsodia. Its pretty much all about the rune cannons right. Does go into more detail with Cray and/or Troy? Those were some interesting characters from SIV
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Brief references to Troy and Graham Cray, and that's about it.