Dragon Knights?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
nausicaa1982

Dragon Knights?

Post by nausicaa1982 »

I'm not quite finished the game yet since exams are coming up, but I think I'm pretty far into it. (I just discovered about Oboro's and his workers' pasts). So far the game is excellent and I can't wait to continue it!

One question I had, however, is are there any dragon knights whatsoever? I haven't come across any yet. Futch is my absolute favorite and obviously he wouldn't be in it because he's probably not even born at the time, but I'd think Joshua would be around - or possibly even Humphery. Not counting IV (because it doesn't really count), there hasn't been a Suikoden yet without dragon knights. They haven't joined yet, but i'm assuming they do - are those two dragon riders supposed to take the knights' place? I hope not, cause I don't like them. Boo! I just hope Futch is in the VI if there is a VI.

Also, maybe this is me being a bit fangirl-ish, but I'm surprised no mention was made of Flik, Viktor or the Star Dragon sword yet. (Unless its that sword of the night thing, which is a distinct possibility.) But those folks wouldn't be so young in this episode that they couldn't make an appearance or be mentioned. I know they're overrated, but it would be a nice way to tie things together. The Star Dragon sword is so shrouded in mysetery that it'd be nice to get a little more info about it. I just hate how Suikoden sometimes leaves things just hanging. I'm impatient and inquiring minds want to know!

Also, I'm sure she shows up eventually, but where in the heck is Leknaat?! She sure is taking her time to show up!
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

One question I had, however, is are there any dragon knights whatsoever? I haven't come across any yet. Futch is my absolute favorite and obviously he wouldn't be in it because he's probably not even born at the time, but I'd think Joshua would be around - or possibly even Humphery. Not counting IV (because it doesn't really count), there hasn't been a Suikoden yet without dragon knights. They haven't joined yet, but i'm assuming they do - are those two dragon riders supposed to take the knights' place? I hope not, cause I don't like them. Boo! I just hope Futch is in the VI if there is a VI.
No Dragon Knights, only Dragon Cavalry sodiers.
Also, I'm sure she shows up eventually, but where in the heck is Leknaat?! She sure is taking her time to show up!
She appears quite late. About halfway in the game.
Night

Post by Night »

Also, maybe this is me being a bit fangirl-ish, but I'm surprised no mention was made of Flik, Viktor or the Star Dragon sword yet. (Unless its that sword of the night thing, which is a distinct possibility.) But those folks wouldn't be so young in this episode that they couldn't make an appearance or be mentioned. I know they're overrated, but it would be a nice way to tie things together.
There's no reason for either Viktor or Flik to be mentioned. They'd have no reason to be anywhere near Falena at the time, and wouldn't be well-known enough by this point in the timeline to be mentioned randomly anyway.

As to the Star Dragon sword/ Sword of the Night, it was definitely a shame that we didn't find out more about it. Then again, considering the relationships explored between the Sun, Dawn and Twilight runes, perhaps they just didn't want to confuse matters further.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Unless its that sword of the night thing, which is a distinct possibility
As to the Star Dragon sword/ Sword of the Night, it was definitely a shame that we didn't find out more about it. Then again, considering the relationships explored between the Sun, Dawn and Twilight runes, perhaps they just didn't want to confuse matters further.
Umm . . . there was a whole Old book about the Night Rune/Sword of night/Star Dragon Sword/Zodiac sword. I say that was a lot of information that most people didn't expect.

The Night Rune used to coexist with the Sun Rune until the Night Rune got jealous of it's brilliance. So it turned itself into the sword known to all of us who've played the old Suikodens and severed the bond between the Night and Sun rune.

Twilight and Dawn runes were created out of that severed connection. Those two runes then became the new guardians of the Sun Rune. (I suppose that would mean that the Sun and Night Runes were guardians of one another. don't quote me on that, though.)
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Laharle

Post by Laharle »

any1 know if the Dragon Calvary have any relationships with the Dragon Rune? since it allows dragons to exist in the world
SpecialNewb

Post by SpecialNewb »

Btw, are the dragonhorses confirmed different from the gul-horses of Suikoden 1?
WarBaby2

Post by WarBaby2 »

Ha! I thought about that too when I saw them first!

But apearently the Gul Horses EXLUSIVLY live around lake Toran. Read something about that on Their Star.

That makes 3 Horse crossbreeds in the Suikoverse. *g*
"Yea, you should fight fire with fire... Gee! You should fight EVERYTHING with fire!"
SpecialNewb

Post by SpecialNewb »

WarBaby2 wrote:Ha! I thought about that too when I saw them first!

But apearently the Gul Horses EXLUSIVLY live around lake Toran. Read something about that on Their Star.
As best as I can determine, people think they are native to Toran because we've never seen them anywhere else so my question is have we seen them in Falena now?
WarBaby2

Post by WarBaby2 »

Nope, I just checked... Dragon horses are no Gul horses.

And I found out where people got tha Toran regional thing. I is in the Suikoden Enceklopedia... no clue if such a thing realy exists... if it does then only in japan.
"Yea, you should fight fire with fire... Gee! You should fight EVERYTHING with fire!"
Master

Post by Master »

well they are not gul horses and not related to dragon knigth, the only common link is the dragon rune tho since the dragon knigths from toran have the dragon rune (which allows all the dragon to live in our world and control them), I would clearly say that they probably could control the dragons from the dragon cavalry with the rune.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Master wrote:well they are not gul horses and not related to dragon knigth, the only common link is the dragon rune tho since the dragon knigths from toran have the dragon rune (which allows all the dragon to live in our world and control them), I would clearly say that they probably could control the dragons from the dragon cavalry with the rune.
dude....I never thought of that! just imagine the response Falena would have if an entire fleet of dragon knights started attacking from the air and then all of a sudden every dragon horse is attacking people like crazy! the sun palace's exclusive dragon calvary unit would kill everything in the palace{the human riders wouldn't of course, just the dragon horses} out side of falena..all of the dragon horses that are fighting outside will turn on Falena and destroy there naval force! and whatevers left can be destoyed by millia's dragon knight forces! then they will just soar over all the infantry and land in sol falena, unless Falena uses the sun rune...
Ancient Cheesecake

Post by Ancient Cheesecake »

Of course for all we know they could just be called 'dragon' horse but actually have no connection to real dragons.
No offense intended.

Dumb dumb Moira Brown
Dumbest chick in this whole dumb town

Dumber than old king kong
Uglier than a junk yard dog

I set off a nuke to kill you
But fate was just too damn cruel
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

well if they have ANY relation to an actual dragon then they cannot resist the dragon rune's power and they also exist because the dragon rune is safe{thats if they have any dragon in them...}
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

son_michael wrote:well if they have ANY relation to an actual dragon then they cannot resist the dragon rune's power and they also exist because the dragon rune is safe{thats if they have any dragon in them...}
but if they were real dragons would they be nesting in our world, and not the world of wings and scale?

altho...bright was laid in our world...
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

maybe dragons arent the only things that come from the world of wings and scales...maybe dragon horses are a different breed of dragon and they come from that world too...hell maybe we could see dragon FISH in a future title...lol

also...dont forget that the dragon KNIGHTS raise there dragons in the suiko world..many dragons were born in the suiko world...in fact I bet none of the dragons in suiko 1 came from the world of wings and scales..when the dragon rune came into existence it obviously brought dragons from the world of wings and scales to the suiko world and then when the dragon rune got a bearer...the dragons obeyed him and he made this whole dragon knight organization that joshua took over long after that.