Markings on Estrise Armor Shop

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
thcrock
Global Admin

Markings on Estrise Armor Shop

Post by thcrock »

So, there appears to be Greek lettering on the top of the armor shop in Estrise. What I can make out is...

Kappa
Upsilon?
Lambda
Lambda
Alpha?

Phi/Qoppa?
Alpha?

Phi
Epsilon
Pi
Pi
Alpha?

---

Anyone think this actually means anyhting, or was it just put in there for fun?
Darkillumina

Post by Darkillumina »

I remember seeing them as well and recognizing them as Greek. I don't think they formed a sentence but being Greek I can translate it. I just need some time to get out of the last dungeon and back to Estrise.

Edit: Ok I can't make out anything. It's either 2 things.

1. My TV is to small and I cant make out the right letters.

2. It's just a random placement of Greek Characters that aren't forming a coherent sentence because I can't make out anything.

For the record this is what I think is written in Estrise near the armour shop in Greek.

Χυλλυ φα Φεππα ( or δερρα )

And this is what is written near the entrance to the city.

ΣΙΟΜΑΓΣΙΝΕΤ

In either case if Im making it out like that it is gibberish. I'll double check tommorow morning though when Im not so tired.
Beware my power, because my might may not be on the side of right.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

THat's what I see. I don't have any duobt (it seems rather clear on my screen). So if thats gibberish in Greek, then there must be no importance.

Maybe just to give the town a Greek feel, being a port town. Although I don't get any other greek vibes from the town.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

does it mean anything backwards?

Since Japanese writing is from right to left, while most european writing is from left to right, IIRC.