Are things in wikipedia true?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Felenan Prince

Are things in wikipedia true?

Post by Felenan Prince »

OK i just look at wikipedia.org about suikoden characters and they seem to say alot of...interesting things. Like Lucretia being from karaya. Zerase star rune was bestowed by the night rune itself. Now are these infomration true?
Darkillumina

Post by Darkillumina »

Wikipedia is generally on the money because most of the people who do the suikoden entries on Wiki are from boards such as these. I think Sars and a few others have contributed to the Wiki entries as well. Of course the best place to get the info is here on Suikosource as wiki is lacking Suikoden info, but yes it is true that the Star Rune was born of the Night Rune and as for Lucretia there is some evidence to point toward her being Karayan but I would like some more solid evidence. There were references but I remain dubious.
Beware my power, because my might may not be on the side of right.
killey

Post by killey »

It's been confirmed that she's Karayan.
Simeon

Post by Simeon »

Everyone knows wikipedia stuff is not reliable. it really depends on who submits things to there. however for suikoden things sure it could be accurate however for other topics i must sadly admit that a majority of the information provided is misleading or incorrect.
Night

Post by Night »

Simeon wrote:Everyone knows wikipedia stuff is not reliable. it really depends on who submits things to there. however for suikoden things sure it could be accurate however for other topics i must sadly admit that a majority of the information provided is misleading or incorrect.
And I'd have to disagree. Certainly don't use the information in Wikipedia for an essay or anything without fact checking it first with other sources, but by and large the information is pretty accurate. I refer you to this study:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4530930.stm

It concluded that Wikipedia was as accurate on scientific information as the Encyclopedia Britannica. Although the Encyclopedia Britannica has since called this into question, I've also seen studies in newspapers like the Guardian (UK) that found that the majority of information was accurate as well.

Essentially, Wikipedia is good for giving someone a quick overview of a subject, and gives them a place to start off. It has errors, sure, but to claim that the "majority of the information provided is misleading or incorrect" is itself misleading and incorrect!
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Eyedol

Post by Eyedol »

Simply because it's an user-contributed source of information, doesn't mean its misleading or incorrect. You should check out the "Discussion" page on most articles (the place where users debate what should and shouldn't be in the article) and see how much they go over things.

Granted, there are errors and dubious information, but even the most expensive Encyclopedia has those too.
son_michael wrote:I don't understand why I need so much evidence to speculate about something
Wraith wrote:I find it rather annoying to need so much support in order to speculate.
You aren't your post count.
humpa

Post by humpa »

And even if there are errors, good people usually fix it.
Skyrocket

Post by Skyrocket »

The only problem with Suikoden on Wikipedia is that a *lot* of the SoD don't have entries.

I've been doing a little to help fix that. I wrote entries for Lorilai and a few other characters the other day.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
-Hunter S. Thompson
Night

Post by Night »

You didn't spell it Lorilai did you?
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Skyrocket

Post by Skyrocket »

Night wrote:You didn't spell it Lorilai did you?
No, that was a typo here. :roll:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorelai
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
-Hunter S. Thompson
czartiffac

Post by czartiffac »

Well some info from wikipedia are incomplete coz I swear Lorelai was also in SI during the Gate Rune War but its not in her info. lolz!
Magnumkiller

Post by Magnumkiller »

I also seem to remember Lorelai from S1, but I dunno.

Zerase does make a mention of the Night Sword when fighting Sialeeds.

Also, most of the bad submissions are taken out of wikipedia in about a minute, as there are LOADS of people who care about keeping it good.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

Magnumkiller wrote:I also seem to remember Lorelai from S1, but I dunno.

Zerase does make a mention of the Night Sword when fighting Sialeeds.

Also, most of the bad submissions are taken out of wikipedia in about a minute, as there are LOADS of people who care about keeping it good.
Yes, Lorelai was in Suikoden 1. Her Suikoden 2 weapon was apparently given to her by the S1 Executioner character guy (Don't remember his name). It did looked completely different from his though.
Hmm...
Philweasel

Post by Philweasel »

She had a bow in Suikoden 1.

She's a indecisive woman.