How many troops did godwin and the prince have?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Felenan Prince

How many troops did godwin and the prince have?

Post by Felenan Prince »

Hmm does anyone know how many troops where used by both sides?
dismember

Not sure

Post by dismember »

Not really sure
but the Final battle was
Godwin 3500
and
Prince 1150 ( not really sure)
--

The Prince was outnumbered on every battle
Master

Post by Master »

I would say the prince had around 2000 ... true each battle is 1000 something but remember that near the end there is always like 2 battles happening at the same time and we are not even aware of all the little battle on side that Georg prime had to do when he gathered mercenaries and stopped some plans to destroy the rebel army.

In game battle, the most I ever got in prince army was 1200 or 1150.
Felenan Prince

Post by Felenan Prince »

hmm in retrospect that's kinda pathetic i mean an NPC said felena could have 100,000 at a moment notice and all godwin and Hero5 could come up with must not be no more than 10,000 troops if we were to include all battles
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Felenan Prince wrote:hmm in retrospect that's kinda pathetic i mean an NPC said felena could have 100,000 at a moment notice and all godwin and Hero5 could come up with must not be no more than 10,000 troops if we were to include all battles
Its probably for Game-Mechanic reasons rather then plot-reasons that the count is so low. Or maybe not...
Spudtrooper

Post by Spudtrooper »

I'd say no more than 12,000 for Godwin, and 5,000-8,000 for the prince, if you combine the numbers together.
Matt620

Post by Matt620 »

It doesn't make sense that the Prince had so few troops. After all, Arshtat does not exaggerate when she's not under the influence of the Sun Rune. I think Falena's got to have at least as many troops as the Toran Republic.
-M
Hash

Post by Hash »

Arshtat said to Lym in a Sacred Games cutscene that more than 100.000 soldiers could be gathered in case of war. So the numbers during the war battles don't make sense and I don't think they should be acknowledged at all. They're for gameplay reasons only.

When it comes to story, gameplay elements should never be used. It's good to remember that.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Spudtrooper's numbers don't look so bad if they had an extra 0 at the end. I'd find that more believeable.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Those numbers were no more than totals of units' HP values, yes?
Desides

Post by Desides »

patapi wrote:Those numbers were no more than totals of units' HP values, yes?
I think the working idea is that 1 soldier = 1 HP.
Felenan Prince

Post by Felenan Prince »

hmm i've just replayed the game. We know at least that during the first battle the numbers were accurate so i guess maybe the numbers in battle are very accurate. Maybe the reason they couldn't get 100,000 troops was becouse they couldn't. They did say no one was up for another war for the crown. Maybe they coudln't muster up that much force.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Felenan Prince wrote:hmm i've just replayed the game. We know at least that during the first battle the numbers were accurate so i guess maybe the numbers in battle are very accurate. Maybe the reason they couldn't get 100,000 troops was becouse they couldn't. They did say no one was up for another war for the crown. Maybe they coudln't muster up that much force.
Theres an amzingly huge difference between 1000 and 100.000. That would mean about 90.000 soldiers went missing...
hell_tanuki

Post by hell_tanuki »

Weren't a large amount of soldiers protecting some towns and the Ceras Castle ? Errr... not really large, maybe 2000-3000 for the Castle + all the towns protected... I can't hardly believe someone (Lucretia in this case) letting like 25'000 soldiers at the castle while fighting a war with less than 1500 soldiers...
For Arshtat's words... even if she counted the Barrow + Godwin soldiers, the Dragon Knights and all the young mens of the towns. She'd barely have like, 25'000-40'000 soldiers at best.
It's probably true Story-wise though... when the Prince attacks a place, the amount of soldiers Godwin have would probably be dispatched for each locations under control. And by the way... they all traded their old uniforms for the Godwin's... sad :cry:
Anyway, not so important for me... it's a common error I guess.
I'm Swiss
Simeon

Post by Simeon »

Um how can you assume those numbers in game have any bearing on storyline facts. Just because it says 1000 soldiers or whatever does not prove that falena did not have 10000 or 100000.