The Barows' dam?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Jowy Atreides

The Barows' dam?

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Was there any reason given behind building this dam in the first place? Or was it only built to piss off the citizens of Lordlake and you know what happens after that.

Hatred Fortress and the Barows' dam never existed at the same time, right? The Barows' dam came first (from south of Lordlake, right?) and then Hatred Fortress came after Arshtat brought "justice" to the town. I tried finding where the dam may have been, but there's some trees blocking the player from going further south. Where was the Barows' dam exactly?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Not sure, but dams are usually built to control water flow for various reasons (such as irrigation, to stop floods, etc). The game doesn't give any reason though, but we can speculate I suppose. It may have been to just piss of Lordlake, too.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

If the dam was desperately needed for something, you'd think they'd build another dam, even after getting the Dawn Rune. But they didn't.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Jowy Atreides wrote:If the dam was desperately needed for something, you'd think they'd build another dam, even after getting the Dawn Rune. But they didn't.
Did Barrows intend on attempting to steal the Dawn Rune before the uprising(You probably can't know this.)? If so then it was very likely just build to piss of Lordlake and make it seem legal by saying it was a normal dam.
Lord Ragner

Post by Lord Ragner »

I agree, it was most likely built so Barrows could get his hands on the Dawn Rune.