Razril's Birds

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Falenan_descent

Razril's Birds

Post by Falenan_descent »

What was the whole secret underlying those birds? I've replayed suikoden IV twice and all i can think of is that they're the Razril Army's secret delivery birds. But, that would seem like kind of a lame reason to keep it all "hush hush" considering Ramada got his hands on one.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Apparently Razril could be ready for an attack if one of the patrol ships had a Nazel bird and sent a message back to HQ. With the birds gone, Glen has no idea what's going on, and can be easily attacked.
Alex Delferia

Post by Alex Delferia »

If Katarina accidentaly blunders and mentions them in front of every, er, "spice merchants," then Razril's got to have a wonderful military history.
Eyedol

Post by Eyedol »

The point of keeping the messenger birds a secret is because different countries employ different means for communication; once Ramada figured out exactly what kind of bird the Knights used, he countered them.

If the Knights were to use ... say, green dolphins ... as messengers, Ramada would have employed a horde of sharks.

That kind of thing.
son_michael wrote:I don't understand why I need so much evidence to speculate about something
Wraith wrote:I find it rather annoying to need so much support in order to speculate.
You aren't your post count.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

If Katarina accidentaly blunders and mentions them in front of every, er, "spice merchants," then Razril's got to have a wonderful military history.
Interesting and very rational generalisation you got there.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

I think that the Nazel Birds secrecy was basically for strategic military purposes. Therefore Glen scolded Katrina for mentioning them in front of Ramada.

Its just like how the Howling Voice Guild keep their gun powder formula a secret, certain countries have certain things which are in their best interests to keep secret. Its the same in both Suikoden and the real world we all live in, going around sharing your nations secrets basically destroys the whole principle of having secrets.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

I don't see what the problem is here.

This is a sea going society on and island in the middle of the ocean. Obviously they have to use something to communicate, and that something should be considered highly secret if it is a military means of communication, which could make or break a battle.

The secret is that they use specificly Nasel birds, and thus with the secret out, Ramada was easily able to counter the Nasel Bird problem with his big hulking vulture thing bird creature, effectively taking out the razril knights ship by ship until they reached Razril itself, and could launch a suprise attack on the unknowning and unwitting enemy.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

This tactic was used, which is why the birds were so vital a secret which was leaked by Katrina.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Alex Delferia

Post by Alex Delferia »

patapi wrote:
Interesting and very rational generalisation you got there.
I wasn't completely serious either.