Albert Silverberg's Future *small spoiler*

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Serpent

Albert Silverberg's Future *small spoiler*

Post by Serpent »

Ok at the end of 3 it said he has now secured a firm position in The Holy Kingdom of Harmonia as a tactician but he could possibly be serving another continent. Which continent do you think he is most likely serving? I put my guess on that mysterious new Western Continent.
You can close your eyes from reality but not memories.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Well I don't think it would be the content Falena is situated on since people already know of that place even if its just by name so they'd have been more specific, the way it was phrased makes it seem like it was a specifically new continent.
However it could mean either of the Gaien Mainland or Western Continent or some other continent or seperate land mass, it was very ambiguous.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

With all the mentions of the Western Continent in Suikoden III, I think it would be safe to assume that's the one they meant.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

In what ways was it referred to?
Anything specific?
Hopefully its more than an enigmatic revelation that Boris Wizen went to the Nameless Lands to study. I'd love to find out more about the Suikoverse.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

It's mentioned several times within the script of the game. Nothing specific, it's just named.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Okay, thanks anyway.
It sucks being European, the only Suikoden 3 information I have is from reading over Suikoden sites. Its a shame since what I've read of the story it sounds amazing.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Tell me about it. I'm from the UK so I only got to play it for the first time earlier this year (I got an NTSC PS2 for Christmas). But, err...we're straying from the topic here.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

I'd love to know more about Albert Silverberg's western continent employer. I love the idea of a country with similar size and influence as Harmonia but who's leader has a rune which is aligned to Chaos like the Circle Rune of Hikusaak's is to Order. It would be like a politically motivated plot similar to the Cold War but instead of nuclear weapons, True Runes would be the thing that the opposing superpowers wanted to get hold of.
I've read that Albert Silverberg did go to a 'powerful country on the western continent' so hopefully my theory could still be a possibility.