Magical Sparkle Dust [what the?]

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
kenshindono

Magical Sparkle Dust [what the?]

Post by kenshindono »

spoilers for queens campaign

what the hell. was it just me or did lyon bleed magical sparkle dust when she got stabbed in the kidney by dolph. That didn't make any sense to me, what was up with that?

too bad there wasn't an option to abandon her and just go beat the crap outa that traitorous aunt of yours

Edit: I'd like to know why it was locked too, but please write better topic title next time. -p
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

heh on the other board it was sugested that it was locked because its a dumb question or something, but i was serious. I mean it looked nothing like blood. I thought maybe she had a hidden rune or something that was damaged? i dont know.

what Jowy sugested makes the most sense. That they just couldn't show her actually bleeding from t hat wound without a more mature rating. Still, they coulda come up with something else because to me and my friends that just confused us, it looks nothing like blood at all
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

I don't think it's blood at all, in fact I thought it was that Posion the nether Gate has been using. I mean they mention two, the one that puts people to sleep and the "raging" drug. I'm sure they have a slew of other posions, I just figired that was what was trickling out. I think it was supposed to give you a feeling of dread that it wasn't a normal stab wound, that Lyon had been posioned.
Eyedol

Post by Eyedol »

I agree with the answers given on the other sub-forum (the one where you ask why the topic was locked).

It's really more of a censorship thing than any other "deeper" meaning; it's the action itself that counts. She was stabbed, she was going to die and the Dawn Rune saved the day. The rest are purely details (and tech-speaking, they would have to "program" "blood" in the game engine ... that's too much of a hassle for a less-than-a-minute SFX).

And that's as far as I can go without breaching the ToS.

On a next playthrough, I'll try to keep my eyes open to see if the "fairy sparkling dust" effect appears during a certain event at Sol-Falena.
son_michael wrote:I don't understand why I need so much evidence to speculate about something
Wraith wrote:I find it rather annoying to need so much support in order to speculate.
You aren't your post count.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The same effect was used during the night event in Sol-Falena.