Crimson Pilgrims (spoilers maybe)

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Gungnir

Crimson Pilgrims (spoilers maybe)

Post by Gungnir »

towards the end of suiko 5 zweig says killey mentions to him a sindar legend about the crimson pilgrims. just thinking maybe killey is one of these guys and perhaps they were an enemy of the sindar? killey is obviously interested in them however he isnt searching for the "past" as he puts it maybe there are still sindar alive just in hiding and maybe killey believes the ruins could possibly give him clues to lead him to them. lol wow this is a very far stretch but eh who cares what do you guys think?
Wraith

Re: Crimson Pilgrims (spoilers maybe)

Post by Wraith »

Gungnir wrote:towards the end of suiko 5 zweig says killey mentions to him a sindar legend about the crimson pilgrims. just thinking maybe killey is one of these guys and perhaps they were an enemy of the sindar? killey is obviously interested in them however he isnt searching for the "past" as he puts it maybe there are still sindar alive just in hiding and maybe killey believes the ruins could possibly give him clues to lead him to them. lol wow this is a very far stretch but eh who cares what do you guys think?
Their also called the Crimson Pheonix ..eh people? Something with Crimson Pheonix. And it seems Killey tries to stop people from discovering Sindar ruins.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I'm actually wondering if Killey himself is a Sindar. His spunky attitude is not exactly something you'd expect from the ancients, but perhaps he's lost or abandoned or something? Lorelai's joke in Suikoden V made me really think about this. People always say it's nooby to speculate that someone who hunts the Sindar is in fact a Sindar himself/herself, but there's nothing to really dispute this.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Jowy Atreides wrote:I'm actually wondering if Killey himself is a Sindar. His spunky attitude is not exactly something you'd expect from the ancients, but perhaps he's lost or abandoned or something? Lorelai's joke in Suikoden V made me really think about this. People always say it's nooby to speculate that someone who hunts the Sindar is in fact a Sindar himself/herself, but there's nothing to really dispute this.
He dousn't really seem to hunt them. Its more like he tries to protect the secrets of the Sindar from getting revealed. [spoiler]For example when he asks the Prince from where that Bust comes from, wich obviously was sindarin, the Prince states that its an heirloom. Killey then decucts that the prince therefore has no clue to its orgin. However he does so in a manner that seems like he himself knows but just wanted to know if the Prince knew.[/spoiler]
Wolfblade

Post by Wolfblade »

Killey's looking for something specific based on how he acts in S2. Now the Sindar spent years wandering because of their True Rune but then found their "Eternal City." However the Rune of Change was supossed to prevent this so I think that maybe they lost the rune and these crimson bird/crimson pilgrims/crimson pheonix (whatever we're calling them today) are in fact Sindar who were sent out to reclaim it.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

This is a Suikoden V plot thread, they belong only in the Suikoden V threads. Pleeeeease don't post them anywhere else until the ban has been lifted. Moving.
Juggalo JXL

Post by Juggalo JXL »

I also think that Killey is trying to hide things from everyone else. I'm not sure why he would like to destroy the Sindar IF that is what he's trying to do. I hope it eventually gets solved because he is a fan favorite as well.
czartiffac

Post by czartiffac »

I always thought the Crimson Pheonix/Pilgrims was an organization that studies Sindar for thier own secret agenda, but never thought that they could be Sindar themselves.

I even think that the Pheonix and Pilgrims in the end of the Crimson was a name for the battalion of that region, I could be wrong since Konami sometimes changes things as Suikoden moves along.
Night

Post by Night »

I guessed that the Crimson Pilgrims were one section of the Sindar, while the Crimson Bird tribe/clan were humans who either served them or were searching for them.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

Wan Fu, in Suikoden III, has a tattoo of a giant phoenix on his back. I'm sure these two are related.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Falenan_descent wrote:Wan Fu, in Suikoden III, has a tattoo of a giant phoenix on his back. I'm sure these two are related.
Kind of a strange theorie considering Wan Fu has no apparent interest in the Sindar and also:

Form the site
Wan Fu is a polearm fighter whose friend was killed a long time ago. After it happened, he got a tattoo, the last work of a famous tattoo artist, on his back as part of a vow he took to exact vengeance on his death. His travels took him to Budehuc Castle where he joined the Fire Bringer for a short while, then departed again on his quest. He is known to be able to eat and drink very large amounts at one sitting. Perhaps that is the reason he is in financial ruin.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

Maybe Wan Fu saw some of those Crimsom Guys and decided he wanted a tatoo of that too. I wonder why he was so protective over it though. "What, you saw my Tatoo !" Yeah dork, if you don't want people to see it, try putting a shirt.
Hmm...
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

It's possible they're related. Lol Just because he doesn't show interest doesn't mean that he's not connected.
Felenan Prince

Post by Felenan Prince »

hmm killey said something along the lines that he wasn't searching for the past. Maybe he really isn't interested in the sindars or there ruins maybe he's looking for something that may have a connection to the sindars but are not created by the sindars
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Felenan Prince wrote:hmm killey said something along the lines that he wasn't searching for the past. Maybe he really isn't interested in the sindars or there ruins maybe he's looking for something that may have a connection to the sindars but are not created by the sindars
Please don't double post.

And I would be damned if anyone running around with a pheonix on their back is related to the crimson bird clan. I just gave you the explenation as to why they arn't related. The artist may know something of the Crimson Bird Clan but that dousn't matter.

Oh and don't take anything offensively. It can be hard to express emotion through text so it can be interpreted as 'offensive' alot.