The runes*spoilers*

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Wraith

The runes*spoilers*

Post by Wraith »

So the Star,Dawn and Twlight rune are not true runes right? Well that means the Dawn and Twilight rune should have been born from the Sun Rune. Also it seems that the Dawn and Twilight rune exist mainly to control the Sun Rune(until the bearer gains control of it I think) and should be worn by the bearer of the Sun Rune.

But what about the Star rune? I heard it was born from the Night Rune wich should be correct since Zerase seems to be familliar with the Night Rune and probably used to posses the Zodiac Blade. But there is no apparent connection between the power of the NIght Rune( allowing the existence of undead beings and coincidently has the power to end their existence) and that of the Star Rune.

So can someone tell me if what I think about the Dawn/Twilight runes are correct? And also the Star rune thing.

EDIT: The reason why I think she used to posses the sword is because of what she said. Zerase wouldn't mention him if he wouldn't allow her to bear him(or at least his sword form).
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Based on the old book in the game, it seems almost like the Dawn/Twilight runes are there to keep the Sun rune company. Some one said they were to protect the Sun Rune(?).

Also, doesn't the Night rune simply rule over the night and all within it? Then stars, while present during the day, are still considered a part of night. That might be why the star rune came from the Night Rune.
We are free to severe the chains of Fate that bind us...Yet this, too, may be our Destiny.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

I have a question here though that puzzles me, Genoh thought he sensed an old one both in front of Jeane and Zerase's presence. If the Star and Charm runes are NOT true Runes, which Zerase backs up when she wishses she had the Night Rune, then how are they living so long and looking so young?

Both Zerase and Jeane are very tight lipped with their secrets, as for what the other two True Runes were supposed to be I have no idea. :(
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Dawn and Twilight were born from the shards of the "bond" that was broken when Night Rune left the Sun Rune. It isn't the sole product of the Sun Rune, so to speak.
Laharle

Post by Laharle »

can som1 answer if Dawn and Twilight are true runes or not? if not i can understand they are only meant to protect the Sun Rune
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Laharle wrote:can som1 answer if Dawn and Twilight are true runes or not? if not i can understand they are only meant to protect the Sun Rune
They are not True Runes because

1) They don't have a duality. Either posses only a singular quality in a cosmic sense.

2) You CANNOT bear 2 True Runes at the same time and [spoiler] Hero can have both Runes at the end of the game depending on your end[/spoiler] However there is a technique but only Windy knows about it ATM.
Last edited by Wraith on Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laharle

Post by Laharle »

good i want the storyline to last longer and and more True Runes To reveal ^^ thx