Lyms Coronation Ceremony

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Simeon

Lyms Coronation Ceremony

Post by Simeon »

Wtf is it me or did anyone see any other nations their besides Armes and Island Naitons. I was looking foward to seeing some representatives from Nagarea and another place i cant remember. Either that or Lecretia had some bad intel.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The intel is correct, as was the report that was published in the Dawn Times. I suppose they did not bother creating 3D models for the other less important representatives. Can't have characters who didn't appear in Suikoden II making a proper return now, can they?

Looks like Armes sent Maha Sparna, Shula Valya and Jidan Guisu. There are probably more due to Godwin faction's military alliance with them. For Island Nations Federation, it was Admiral Skald Egan. Nagarea was invited but no one showed up.

Milich Oppenheimer was the representative from Scarlet Moon Empire, but looks like the camera missed him. Gaien and Zelant supposedly sent their own representatives but we never find out who they are.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

patapi wrote: Milich Oppenheimer was the representative from Scarlet Moon Empire, but looks like the camera missed him.
When did they say that? My head would have definatly shot up like a deer in headlights if I had seen that.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I remember reading about milichs appearance as well, I was very happy to read that but I wish we could have seen him...I dont remember who mentions it...or where I read it
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

Someone told me he's there but easily missable via the camera angles, I'm playing New Game+ and going to pay extra attention.

Milich is mentioned in a note from... I forget who in your suggestion box, which also adds that it would have been quite interesting had Georg been able to attend because of this fact (since the two served together in Scarlet Moon).
What is most important to you? Will you give me the happiness of taking it away from you?
SpecialNewb

Post by SpecialNewb »

Rivera wrote:Someone told me he's there but easily missable via the camera angles, I'm playing New Game+ and going to pay extra attention.

Milich is mentioned in a note from... I forget who in your suggestion box, which also adds that it would have been quite interesting had Georg been able to attend because of this fact (since the two served together in Scarlet Moon).
I am fairly sure that note is from Shula since he was also there... Heh, I was surprised when I read that and got a quirkly little smile on my face.
JG Chan

Post by JG Chan »

The note was from Cathari, I'm pretty sure.
sunstar25

Post by sunstar25 »

I've noticed that Euram also wasn't present even though he was invited. My guess is Lym probably got really pissed at what Euram was been trying to do to her brother. So therefore, Euram skipped attendance.
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

I just assumed Euram kept hidden in his home out of fear of Gizel...but that's me.
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
Raging Barows Brat

Post by Raging Barows Brat »

JG Chan is correct, the letter was from Cathari:
“I hear one of the Six Great Generals, Milich Oppenheimer, was here as an envoy from the Scarlet Moon Empire. It would have been interesting if he’d run into Georg Prime.”
And nope, we never see him at all, from any camera angle. A disappointment, to say the least, especially since I consider him one of the most iconic characters in the series!

Crowetron wrote:I just assumed Euram kept hidden in his home out of fear of Gizel...but that's me.
I’m not sure it’s so much fear on Euram’s part as it is pride. Euram is ridiculously competitive with Gizel, so Gizel winning the Sacred Games and the Commander’s title was devastating to him. Why would he give Gizel the satisfaction of showing up at such an event?

That would be my guess, although Euram does plainly suffer from some apparent mental disorders, so fear/paranoia might be a factor too, I suppose. ;)
Alcholism is a disease, but it's like the only disease that you can get yelled at for having. "Dammit, Otto, you're an alcoholic." "Dammit, Otto, you have lupus." One of those two doesn't sound right. --Mitch Hedberg
sunstar25

Post by sunstar25 »

You're probably right. Maybe Euram did skip out because he couldn't bear to witness the ceremony. But I don't think that's the entire reason.

The Godwins did however receive the news about the truth of the Lordlake uprising. I'm pretty sure they are somewhat pleased that Freyjadour ruined their long time rivals. I guess Marscal would much rather see Salum as a broken man than get the executioner's axe which might explain why Salum was still breathing up to that point.

Nevertheless, the atmosphere in the audience chamber looked more like a funeral than anything else. Every time I watch it, it gets so depressing.

It would have been nice to see Milich make a cameo appearance in that scene though.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Rivera wrote:Someone told me he's there but easily missable via the camera angles, I'm playing New Game+ and going to pay extra attention.
He's not there, I assure you. I looked because I wanted to see him :(
Archer

Post by Archer »

I'm sure people would know if Millich had been shown. He's not exactly easy to miss whatever camera angles they use.
Crowetron

Re: Lyms Coronation Ceremony

Post by Crowetron »

Seriously, you'd see Milich even if he was standing behind you. He's very flashy.
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
Falenan_descent

Re: Lyms Coronation Ceremony

Post by Falenan_descent »

People possibly misinterpreted that either Maha Sparna or Shula Valya was Milich Oppenheimer. Although, thats totally understandable in a way. Ha Ha Ha.