The Sword Of The Night

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
TrueRuneHero91

The Sword Of The Night

Post by TrueRuneHero91 »

My question is, does anyone know what the "Sword of the night" (or something like it) is? Zearse mentions this when she confronts sailees and again when you investigate her. if you could tell me what this thing is i would apecciate it.
Desides

Post by Desides »

It's the Star Dragon Sword, which is the Night Rune in the form of a sword.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

My guess is judging by how she described it that from here on in, it will no longer be the Star Dragon Sword, which was an ugly translation anyway (sounds more like a Power Rangers toy than something from Suikoden). We've already seen them clean up True Holy with Godspeed, so why not?
What is most important to you? Will you give me the happiness of taking it away from you?
AlphaSigmaOne

Post by AlphaSigmaOne »

Rivera wrote:My guess is judging by how she described it that from here on in, it will no longer be the Star Dragon Sword, which was an ugly translation anyway (sounds more like a Power Rangers toy than something from Suikoden). We've already seen them clean up True Holy with Godspeed, so why not?
:lol: I thought the exact same thing the first time I heard "Star Dragon Sword."
Uh Oh
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

I don't think they will change the name of the sword. They even used it in Suiko3.

Zerase just seems educated and calls it maybe it's rightful name. Maybe everyone else calls it the slang name "Star Dragon Sword."
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
Laharle

Post by Laharle »

well if u kinda think about her relationship with the Night Rune(which is the Star Dragon Sword) Zerase's rune "Star" Rune can be related to the Night Rune. tats my theory
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Star Rune, like Dawn and Twilight Runes, are related to both their parents true runes: Sun and Night Runes.

It's like one whole big happy family of runes.
Miakisses

Post by Miakisses »

There may be some afterthought explaination they'll come up with if they ever show the four levels of True Night Rune magic. Star Rune is clearly an offshoot of the Night Rune as per Suikoden V... so "Star" is Star Dragon Sword, then the fact that its a "Sword" so that's 66.6% of the puzzle... then I think back to the true elemental runes, the level 4 spell fire and lightning and such was represented by serpents, and the Sovereign Rune has that dragon element to it as well... perhaps there's something to be shown that implants dragon into the name of the sword.

Regardless, it's been said in-game that that is simply the form taken of the Night Rune, I cant say for sure, but I doubt mistranslation was the case, simply in point of fact. It's a sword.