Kingdom of Zelant?????(possible spoiler)

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Kirin

Post by Kirin »

I believe the coastlines in that map *came* from the Suikoden staff; it was captured from something either inadvertently posted on a Konami site, or it flashed by in a promo movie or something, I forget.

Now, that doesn't make it the "official" version of the world, since it wasn't really released, but it's almost certainly something that was referenced internally at some point in time.

(The details and name placement were assembled by the guy who runs theirstar, I believe, so it's even less official. But it mostly looks like pretty sure guesses if you accept those coastlines.)
malicesoul

Post by malicesoul »

Oh right, I was under the impression that the map was fan made. Good to see Konami's still paying attention to the old geographies in the old Suikodens. Perhaps there will someday be a Suikoden game where you'll be able to explore the enitre Suiko world, and the world map will look similar to this.
Destiny Knight

Post by Destiny Knight »

I'm just wondering.. What about if the next suikoden take the place in either Nagaera or Zelant? It's looks like fun and ans people said, it's a new country, so we still has no idea of what lies there and it will take time not far from suiko 5.
Wat did ya think?
Belle

Post by Belle »

patapi wrote:Point me to a source that confirms Zelant's location being south of Falena, please.

That aside, I don't know where you are getting your information from, but the official guidebook confirms that Norma and Ernst are from the Kingdom of Zelant.

Furthermore, as for its actual location relative to Falena, let's have a look at three characters' endings.

Since I don't have access to an online copy of the English endings, I'll use the one from the Japanese release instead.

Norma's ending.
エルンストの呪いを解くためレヴィを伴って故郷ゼアラントに帰る。
"To undo Ernst's curse, she brought Levi back to her homeland, Zelant."

Ernst's ending.
ノーマ、レヴィと共に帰郷。 紋章に取り付かれた現場である遺跡を再び訪れることになる。
"He returned home with Norma and Levi. Together they revisited the ruins where he acquired the rune."

Levi's ending.
エルンストの紋章の呪いを解くにはことの始まりから調べることが必要と判断2人と共に西の海を渡る。
"Claiming that investigating the origin of Ernst's rune is essential to solve its curse, he joined them and sailed across the Western Sea."

If someone can provide the exact wordings from the NA release, that'd be even better.
A little late, but...

From the English endings:
18. Tenyu Star - Norma
With Levi alongside, she returns to her home of Zelant to free Ernst from his curse.
22. Tensatsu Star - Ernst
Returns home with Norma and Levi, and turns toward the ruins where his curse began...
61. Chizen Star - Levi
To break Ernst's curse, he starts from the beginning, traveling with Ernst and Norma across the western sea.
Magnumkiller

Post by Magnumkiller »

Dunno if this was mentioned, but there is a map at Their Star.com which shows the different countries and lands, dunno of its accuracy though.

http://www.theirstar.com/images/atlas/wm_pol_lrg.jpg
Kirin

Post by Kirin »

Yeah, I mentioned in another thread that that map was created using a bare coastline map that originated from Konami, with the theirstar admin filling in country and town locations based on in-game information. But the Norma/Ernst/Levi ending quotes above do support his placement of Zelant on the only big island to the west that's not Gaien.