Sialeed's "Decision" *SPOILER*

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
LoganAlpha30X13

Post by LoganAlpha30X13 »

Though for all we know it could have been Gizel's intent all along to get Sialeeds to betray the prince, not necessarilly join his side but he likes to screw with people and getting her to betray the prince would certainly do that, especially if she believed that she was the one who thought the whole plan up. As for corruption in the senate, all that I see is Godwin and Barows and by the end of the game without Sialeeds doing anything it'd only be Barows left, one would think that she's rather humiliate than kill him, as she had many opportunities to kill him earlier and even Euram, but she liked to humiliate them more. The prince kills Gizel at the end anyway so he got blood on his hands even with what Sialeeds did. the corruption seems to be only from the Godwin and Barows sides, I'm sure that Georg wouldn't have minded taking Salum out before he left Falena, or one of Oboro's group could have done it and never let the secret out. Basically to me Sialeed's betrayed the prince but in the end didn't have to and that's the real rub of it, to a degree she threw her life away when she didn't have to. I'll go now.......................
keviiinn

Post by keviiinn »

yeah that's exactly what I think, she didn't have to do anything, and things could have turned out the same way. her betrayal, storyline wise, was just a bad decision on her part.

and for those that think Sialeeds still has feelings for Gizel, how can that be possible, when she hates all the nobles so much, and especially with all that he did? hell, how could she have ever been engaged to him in the first place?
Lurker1

Post by Lurker1 »

keviiinn wrote:yeah that's exactly what I think, she didn't have to do anything, and things could have turned out the same way. her betrayal, storyline wise, was just a bad decision on her part.

and for those that think Sialeeds still has feelings for Gizel, how can that be possible, when she hates all the nobles so much, and especially with all that he did? hell, how could she have ever been engaged to him in the first place?
Your right it wasn't the best decision on her part but I still think she did it because of lym. Also Gizel wasn't always like that and she says so after the games when you go to visit Zegi to find out the truth. She says " or I should say that is the guy he has become" and when she has her conversation with him " What happened to that nice innocent boy, I use to know"
LoganAlpha30X13

Which then means that she should have known that he or any of his people couldn't be trusted. IF she really wanted to help Lym then she should have stuck around, after if leaked out what Barows and Godwin did the people would turn on them and oust them without the palace or a royal having to lift a finger. And if Sialeeds had staye with the Prince then at the end of the war she could of had a lot more power by being Lym's most trusted aide and favorite aunt, helping to guide the country and being more popular and powerful than she had been before the war. I'll go now......................
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

You assume that Sialeeds wouldn't have killed people. She actually wanted to Kill the Barrows family all along, the same with the Godwin family. She is not a saint who "likes to hummilliate" her enemies. She constantly made remarks that she really would have loved to get rid of the useless and corrupted nobles. I don't think Gizel needed to push her in order to kill the Salum. Heck, Gizel was quite certain she wouldn't go through with it, so he sent Dolph to do so.

Also, I think people in Falena believe whatever they want to believe. I'm also quite certain most of Godwins followers agreed with his ideas, and were most likely misled by Godwins misinformation.

BTW, the prince had blood on his hands. He killed all the general on Godwins side after all. But let's remember, he did so only as a last resort. They were given the chance to surrender. So the prince was never thought as bloodthirsty, as his kills were forced kills. It's not the same as having some Luca Blight guy chopping the heads of people who have already surrendered (Like South Window's Mayor).

Either way, the point is, Sialeeds wanted to be killed. She actually pushed the prince to kill her in that fight in the dam. Regardless of how you think Sialeeds should have acted, she chose to betray the Prince and Destroy the nobles from within.

Either way, I doubt the war had ended so neatly had the prince managed to "kidnap" Lymsleia. I'm sure Godwin would have thought of a way to counter this situation. Or perhaps, he wouldn't even have let Lymsleia in the frontlines. I'm sure they ok'ed Lymsleia's presence in the frontlines only because they had already "lured Sialeeds to their side".
Hmm...
LoganAlpha30X13

I never said that I thought that Sialeeds was a saint, just a character that could fit into a future game being pushed to seek absolution and all that would entail. To me she threw it all away by her actions and died when she didn't have to. I'll go now....................
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

I had the feeling she thought she had no forgiveness. Knowing the prince, he would have forgiven her right away, which is an easy path out of her sins. She chose to die, and while, yes, I actually though she shouldn't have wasted her life like that, that's what happened.
Hmm...
Serpent

Post by Serpent »

keviiinn wrote: and for those that think Sialeeds still has feelings for Gizel, how can that be possible, when she hates all the nobles so much, and especially with all that he did? hell, how could she have ever been engaged to him in the first place?
there's a very thin line between hate and love
You can close your eyes from reality but not memories.
LoganAlpha30X13

I kind of wonder what she thought her legacy would be, how did she think that people would see her after her death, would she be hated along with the Godwins or would she be the one that paid the ultimate price to protect her family and country and be honored for it. I wonder how the citizens of Falen will remember her...or how the Prince and Lym will think of her as the years go by since her death, I'm not sure that they'd just forgive her, no matter how much it seems par the course for the prince, Lym probably never will though maybe those that knew her plan would, I just hate it that they get mad at the Godwins and people of that nature for keeping secrets and all and then they do the same thing and act blameless, would they try to talk to Lym and the Prince on Sialeed's behalf, or think that it was best left alone. I"ll go now.............................

P.S.-As for Gizel I think that she still had feelings for him but it did hurt badly what he did to her family and she hated herself for still having those feelings, though in the end she forced the prince to have blood on his hands, her own as well as others, I wonder if some of the people would think less of the royal family after her actions, given that if one of them could betray their own family and go murder people could the Prince and Lym be trusted...
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

I think everything that happened to the Prince helped shape the people's perception of him. He grew on people as a merciful, wise and brave leader, able to face his enemies schemes and beat the odds. The betrayal of Sialeeds didn not affect this perception. If anything, the fact he did not relent even afterward and did what was right just showed he was a determined leader, who doesn't let personal feelings get in the way of his duty.

Lym on the other hand, well, she will have to earn the trust of the people. She is young and inexperienced. Of course, with her brother and aids helping her out she will be fine.
Hmm...
Mytch

Post by Mytch »

My opinion..

Sialeeds knew she could control Gizel. Gizel fell all over himself for Sialeeds, which is shown in the ending where he says it was Sialeeds that won, refering to the fact that he never really had any feelings for Lym, and Sialeeds would of always been "his" queen.

Sialeeds used him, for her own gain. When she saw that the twilight rune had been given to an unworthy user, she knew she had the control over Gizel to get it from him. As they were already able to get it on an incompatible person, it would be easy to come to the conclusion it would work much better on true royalty.

It seemed at the beginning that she would have some better ideals and maybe it was a ploy, as she didn't expect Dolph's attack on Lyon, and does state she never switched sides. However, it's possible that she became infatuated with the twilight rune. During the strike on Sol-Falena, she says that the prince and company are safe because of her rune, while it's clearly shown that it was the combination of the Dawn and Twilight runes that protected them, and she doesn't get it until Zerase bluntly states it.

It isn't a hard stretch to imagine that Sialeeds could take out godwin and barrows, and later the prince and lym and become queen, as after she obtains the rune she takes on a darker personality (ie. "I can't have the prince dead yet", where often she would refer to him as her nephew or his given name). She watched the prince be walked over through out the game, as commonly the more "appropriate" choices in the game are htings like "no, that's okay..." or "you didn't have to do that....", go from one parental figure to another (ferid, haswar, georg), and be used by barows until lucretia showed up.

Her true reasons were left conviniently open however. It may be revealed eventually, but for now it's all speculation. There are quite a few valid possiblities.
LoganAlpha30X13

I think that the game is set up for her to be the tragic character, the one that had everything and in the end threw it all away but stil got her ultimate goal. Sialeed's always was a dark character, she laughed at others misery and might have thought that the prince should thank her for getting all oposition out of his way...though I've never understood how trying to kill the prince twice, first in Stormfist and then in Sol-Falena could have been only in an attempt to protect him and Lym frome the nobles and the ones that started the war in the first place. Basically she started out with good intentions...and we all know that saying...basically everything snowballed and she tried to do it all by herself...though at times I wonder if the two, Sialeeds and Gizel, think all of this up when they talked in Stormfist, he might have hinted that something was coming...though I don't think that Sialeeds betrayed her family at that time but it would have been very interesting if she had lived...I'll go now...........................
kelvingarinkz

Post by kelvingarinkz »

ok, i havent payed the game yet but his is what i think :

well, i agree with that Sialeeds betray the Prince to destroy both Barrows and Godwins family but ...
here the stuffs that i do not understand :

1. why does she let Euram lives ? Euram is still a Barrow and eventhough we know that he is incompetent and stupid basicaly, still he can become a threat in the future. there are a lot of examples where useless boy turn into a great man. Is it because she HATES Salum ? If it is ... then she is really the "evil" character in the game

2. why the heck she tries to kill the Prince ? That leads to her death and why the heck she wants to die ? I havent played the game so if the answer is being stated in the game, i apologize

3. Does she realllyyyy want to bear the Twilight Rune ? For ?

I still think that her betrayal is stupid ....
kelvin loves suikoden
Chrono2001

Post by Chrono2001 »

She never truely try to kill the Prince.
LoganAlpha30X13

Well you do have to fight her twice and she does attack the prince, looking very much like she's trying to kill him...I'll go now..................